1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Historical data & friends list history deletion

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Mooch, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Mooch

Mooch New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20207941
    Hello, admins at STEAMREP I'd like to delete the aliases and historical data on my steam profile. I have a couple of online IRL friends on there who's privacy I'd like to protect. I've checked multiple other people's profiles and they don't have historical data spanning as far back as mine, (since 2011.) I was marked a scammer for UHC; a defunct trading community a VERY long time ago, and ever since you guys have been keeping record of my name changes and friends list and I want to delete all of it until nobody can look at it.

Thanks.
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
  3. itsmewouter

itsmewouter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50882794
    Your site is harvesting user profiles and friends lists too. Pretty sure he's talking about that.
    Also.. Why do you need to "review" peoples request to remove data? Why don't you just do it?
    The form can also be submitted 'once'. So I see no way to remove my data :|
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Hi! We don't review them for approval purposes. Every single request is granted. it's just a manual process as the opt out thread says, for a select few admins, due to low level back-end permissions required. Our goal is to have the system fully automated eventually.

The only time we don't grant the request is if it's very obvious they submitted the wrong form (e.g. fraud report or ban appeal) and clearly misunderstood the intent of the request system. In that situation, we tell the submitter they may have misunderstood, and allow 1 additional submission to confirm they understood what they're submitting since it's permanent. If they re-submit after that, it's granted.