1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

RANDOM SITE NAME

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Sloopitydoop, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Sloopitydoop

Sloopitydoop New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29218966
    just got added buy a guy offering to buy my unusuals in cash and he asked me to log into LINK REMOVED
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    . i decided it looked sketchy and i haven't ever heard of it, nor could i find any information on it, but i wanted to post here to both warn people and see if anyone else had heard of it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2019
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I've changed the title to this thread to remove that site name... If it is sketchy and surely phishing related it isn't a good idea to post it all over the place right?
    Posting about it here when these sites are by the 1000's won't do anything but advertise it out and about.
    Best to avoid it and users sending you these sites.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    There are numerous scam websites just like the one you posted, and they are created en masse, on at least a daily basis. So much so it's impossible to identify a list of "known bad" websites. Our answer would be if you haven't heard of it, it's probably brand new, and almost always a scam site. How many? This video from Richard Lewis should demonstrate from 2 years ago should give you an idea better than I can explain in words, but scammers like this have gotten even more sophisticated since the video was posted.

By the way, I edited the link out of your post so no curious onlookers check it out and put themselves in danger. I wouldn't say it's advertising per se, but we have seen people give links like that to their friends as a "prank", so best to play it safe.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**