1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198075444618 - (SHAKETHATLIKEYOURMUMSCOULAS / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ¬°Tigernater, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ¬°Tigernater

¬°Tigernater New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58398721
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198075444618 (SHAKETHATLIKEYOURMUMSCOULAS)

Victim profile: 76561198077063170

What happened? Description:
    I am only wanting to report on a user in which attempted to scam and HAS NOT scammed me, only an attempt. Sadly, I know that this user has already scammed someone else within a 24 hour period after trying to scam me.

The user randomly traded me on a tf2 trading server as soon as I entered and asking if I wanted to buy his "Unusual Pure Tin Capotain" (Dead President) I did not want or had the need in buying it but he asked 7 tf2 keys for it. I placed 7 tf2 keys in it and like the other user, the scammer claimed that he 'went to dinner' and then came back within like 30 seconds. He quickly swapped his unusual with a normal quality "Pure Tin Capotain" and then spammed the chat so that he could flood the evidence. I could tell from the start that this was a scam attempt but I followed along with it, so I could confirm. He later noticed that he was busted and soon canceled the trade and left the server.​

Provide Evidence:
    No, I do not have any screenshots or evidence in his attempt to scam because if I had to take screenshots for every trade I make, it would be quite a long time issue. But however, on his tf2outpost.com page (shown below (1)) he has previously wanted to buy a normal Pure Tin Capotain showing that he may have already had this all planned out ready to scam someone.

I have also found out on the victim's tf2outpost.com page that within his backpack, the previous user of the Pure Tin Capotain that he owns belongs to the claimed victim that both me and him are reporting (shown below(2)) I believe this maybe not enough evidence to give 100% to show he maybe a scammer, but to consider both evidence the item and the actual trade scam from another unfortunate steam user.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2020
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Declined - you can't just report someone for what you think happened to someone else.
    Doesn't work like that - this report should have been declined years ago.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.