1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Should I even report?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Seriouslypissed, Jan 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seriouslypissed

Seriouslypissed New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:425080234
    I had my AWP gungnir .0026 float scammed from me by a user who has been reported multiple times on this site - one of the users even had video evidence which was IGNORED and the scammer recommended me to check steam rep. Which SEEMED clean but the admins of this site had left this user with a clean slate which on first glance seemed ok which lead me to believe he was actually not a scammer. This was my first trade I have ever done and I did my absolute best to check all the "social proof" this user had put forward.

I am f✿✿✿✿✿✿ pissed that this user has slipped through this sites fingers - I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SCAMMED otherwise

My question is-
    SHOULD I EVEN BOTHER REPORTING ON A SITE THAT IGNORED MULTIPLE USERS OF BEING SCAMMED ALREADY?
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If someone has reports that weren't accepted that isn't our fault. Evidence requirements are noted on various links for proper report procedures. Without proper evidence we won't tag someone - would be no different than someone reporting you for something they felt you did yet couldn't prove it. I'm sure you would be rather upset if we tagged you for it.
    Some people get reported multiple times by friends of someone that don't like them just to make it look as if they are doing something wrong also by having many reports.
    We don't ignore anything - if the evidence isn't there then its Declined.
    Some things we just don't review per policy such as reports that are not in English or evidence that isn't in English, we don't review code reports or hijacking/phishing attempts.
    All of these things are clearly noted on the following links I will provide.

If the user told you to check here and you did you should have seen they had reports, you could have then taken the time to read thru them yourself and make a judgement call if you wished to continue dealing with the user.
    Even a tag/ban here does NOT prevent the user from trading in anyway..only Valve can stop someone from trading.

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/

But to answer your question - Make sure you have proper and complete evidence before reporting here otherwise it may be Declined/Invalidated for the reasons noted in those links. A report not only reflects upon the accused but also the one that created it and is public for anyone to review at any time. Some users don't wish to trade with someone they feel may report them for just anything without proper proof and would avoid them.
  3. Seriouslypissed

Seriouslypissed New User

Steam:
    I did check, I didn't realize those tiny little 64 links with google searching ID numbers was where I had to go, this site is not intuitive for new users. I had other scammed users reach out to me to show me that they have faked cash reps and mutliple ignored reports. If I seen a tab that said - "This user has X complaints, view here" I surely would have checked it. Also I am building a case against this indivual since they have scammed literally 10's of thousands of dollars from users - meaning the more they do this the more evidence and the harsher punishment they receive and of course I do not want to waste my time like other users clearly have.
  4. Seriouslypissed

Seriouslypissed New User

Steam:
    My advice for the site owners is to have a better GUI that displays some sort of WARNING even if they haven't " been found guilty by this sites "standards"
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    That wouldn't be fair to those that were accused with out proper evidence.
    Like I said you wouldn't like it very much if someone accused you without proper evidence and it said a warning on YOU for nothing.
    You are welcome to report the user to Valve at any time also.
    You can do that with the in steam profile reporting feature.

We don't ignore reports - there are older reports from an excessive backlog that we are trying to clean up (this is all prior to current staff coming on board) but we are not ignoring them.
    You can direct them to this link for information:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/expediting-reports-created-before-2017.186461/
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. Seriouslypissed

Seriouslypissed New User

Steam:
    Had some time tonight so I reported, cheers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.