1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SteamREP says Friend is VAC Banned?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by TALENTLess, Jul 31, 2020.

1. TALENTLess

TALENTLess New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33173884
    I was using steamrep to help clear out accounts that haven't logged in for over a year and accounts that may have bans and a friends SteamREP account says he is VAC Banned?
    His account is not VAC banned though?

The account I am referring to is https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198001260431
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Our API picks up on what Valve gives us - we have nothing to do with applying or removing that kinda thing.
    If it says they are then they are and they will need to address it with Valve not here.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I would like to chime in quickly, VAC bans after 2500 days or so, do not publicly show on a users steam profile anymore, they are still fully VAC'd/restricted as such, (and why the steam API still provides this info). This was an intentional change that VALVE made to prevent what I can only assume to be repeated stigma/harassment/"punishment" for bad decisions years ago by some in the community.

The profile you linked had a VAC ban as far back as March of 2012 and why I assume this is the case.