1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

this a phishing site?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Will Banks, May 8, 2019.

1. Will Banks

Will Banks New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:53059930
    i am like, 99% sure it is because multiple people have told me to "confirm the price" of my unusual on "tf2lounge", which doesnt even come up on google search results.

It requires you to sign in through steam and I ain't touching it with a 10 foot stick.

Also, if this is a phishing site, should I report them to Steamrep or is this not a good enough reason?

Thanks!
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We do not review phishing reports. I suggest you just avoid the site and remove the user and move on.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Yes, that website is phishing.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Unfortunately, we don't handle reports for phishing websites. It is best if you report the account shilling it to Valve from their Steam profile, and include a link to the site in question. And of course, don't sign into it.
  4. Naleksuh

Naleksuh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:162125880
    Why?
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
    Lava likes this.
  6. Naleksuh

Naleksuh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:162125880
    oh that makes sense, does kinda suck that there's no way to stop them though