1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived 76561198004747769 (Poblo 129)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by L | Flutterhigh, Oct 24, 2013.

1. L | Flutterhigh

L | Flutterhigh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42768709
    76561198004747769 (Poblo 129)

Victim:

Scammer:
    [​IMG]
    I hope the fact that he says right in this chat the trade that can count for steam chat window.
    When I was new to tf2 in late 2011, I unboxed an unusual villain's veil. I had no experience trading in tf2 at all. I wore the hat (not realizing it was anything special) and a day or two later (12/29/11) got a pm while playing from Poblo saying he might want to buy it. I told him I wasn't sure how much it was worth. As I remember, he offered 5 ref, but being the "smart guy" I was, I "haggled" for 8 ref. My reasoning at the time (this was before steam trade) was that ref was the most valuable resource and since you could only fit 8 of them in a trade at a time, that must be a great deal! (Yes, it still pains me to write this 2 years later...). A few days later I realized that there were pricelist spreadsheets online and looked up the price only to see how far my naivety had gotten me. I pmmed him back and asked to make the trade back, since I didn't realize my mistake. He turned me down multiple times.
    The rest is clearly shown in the screenshot, which I just found earlier today! I didn't know you could report tf2 scammers here until about a year ago when I started to trade more actively, but by then I had lost the screenshot. I have no idea if there is a steamrep statute of limitations on this sort of thing, but in my eyes a scam is a scam. I figured I had nothing to lose by posting this here and seeing if there was anyway he could be marked as such.
    Thanks for both your time and your consideration.

Attached Files:

2. L | Flutterhigh

L | Flutterhigh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42768709
    I've since been able to track down item id and some other information. If that would help in the decision please let me know.
  3. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    Sorry Flutter but from the sound of it, this seems like a sharking report. Steamrep doesn't cover shark reports, though you can try and report him to a community such as MannCo Trading that does. Although keep in mind that it wouldn't be considered sharking if you were the one that wanted the metal, and regretted selling it for that amount (keep in mind that I'm not part of SR).
  4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Unfortunately this seems to be a shark report, Steamrep doesn't directly ban on these kind of reports but they're appreciated. However I'll have to archive your report due to this.

I invite you, to report this kind of event into trade servers such as Mann Co trading, who handle them.

Regardless, thank you for your report!