1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Can you update the UI of the forums?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Tumor, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Tumor

Tumor Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:179643005
    I looked at what forum software steam rep uses which is xenforo but when I look at other sites with xenforo it looks more updated and modern. Is it because you have to completely redo steamrep, I know you guys would never take that risk and I wouldn't either. I was wondering if that's a thing you can do. Of course I'm not going to complain because it works. The old saw says "if it ain't broke don't fix it" so.
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    As far as I'm aware, the forums currently use a lot of legacy addons / plugins in order to function, updating is likely to break or have unexpected consequences on these (since it's the actual software that is old, and not just the design aspect of it). With a forum this big, and with such an old version of xF, it makes upgrading a HUGE job, and not just something you can complete in an afternoon. But for security reasons, it probably needs to be done at some point.
  3. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Looks modern to me.
  4. Brett S. Martin

Brett S. Martin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:456452024
    There are only a few forum software. so we don't have so many options. we can wait and let them release a new version.
  5. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Please don't necro old threads. Also, please inform yourself before posting, XenForo has released many more versions than what this forum is currently running on.
  6. rick1221

rick1221 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:461356546
    I was also expecting to have a different UI if the user interface will change then it will also attract more users towards it. This UI is also very good as it is showing all the topics and aspects that are necessary.
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Is there a reason why you had what looked like a phishing link in your signature?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. maxbe

maxbe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:462762804
    Yes, XenForo released so many versions of their forum. Great Forum look and work correctly.