1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Guide to a Secured Steam Account

Discussion in 'SteamRep Guides' started by -[AOP]- FunkyPug, Jan 14, 2017.

1. -[AOP]- FunkyPug

-[AOP]- FunkyPug New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:58059225
    Intro: Worried about hijackers? Have that feeling someone wants to take your account? Have an expensive account? Well, I am going to answer those questions with a guide on how to be on Steam and have your account with the most security as possible!

INDEX:
    1) First and Foremost
    2) Passwords
    3) Login Keys
    4) Be Smart, Be Diligent
    5) Thanks for reading!

First and Foremost
    When the mobile authenticator first came out, I hated it. Absolutely hated it. But it serves a fantastic purpose. To give you better security. If you don't have it enabled. Than I feel sorry for you, I would do it right now if I were you. It also lets you trade faster! When you enable your mobile authenticator, you can confirm trades, get Steam Guard codes, and obviously... It gives you great security!

Passwords
    Passwords are key. if your password is, abc123. Good luck keeping your games, your inventory, and your account secure and safe! Go to TRUSTED websites that can see how strong your password is. First, have letters, uppercase and lowercase, Second, have numbers! Third, have symbols, ~!@#$%^&*()_+|}{":>?<,./;'[]`! Fourth, don't use your name, address, birth of date, phone number, etc. Use something people don't know, maybe don't use your dog's name, or your cat's name. Try something strange or even something nobody would suspect! Fifth, DO NOT USE THE SAME PASSWORD ON MULTIPLE SITES! Sixth and foremost, DON'T TELL YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYBODY!

Login Keys
    "Login Keys? What's that!" I can probably hear you saying! I found this one online. Basically, if a child is using your Steam Account you can put a key that the parents have to enter before going on to the account. (Protects children from maybe messaging their friends on the parents friendslist.) I will place images down below to guide you.
    THIS IS THE PIN

[​IMG]
    Basically it can prevent your hijacker, or your intruder from breaking into your account. It's somewhat like a third layer of protection!

1. So first go to the top left corner
    2. Click Steam
    3. Click Settings
    4. Click the Family section
    5. Then authorize family view
    6. Then click manage family view
    7. Check only certain features, than click next
    8. Keep clicking next, until you get to family view PIN!
    9. Put in your PIN!
    10. Than ta-da! You've got some extra security!
    Be Smart, Be Diligent
    If you get links from random people, don't open them. If you get adds from milicious looking profiles, or random adds that are very low level, I would advise you not to accept! When trading always use steamRep's Pretrade tips! Even if they are your friend on Steam doesn't mean they can't phise you. Be careful, you never know when it could happen to you. :(

Thank you for Reading!
    Well, thank you for reading! If I learn any more cool/unique ways to protect your account, I will update this guide as soon as possible! If you have any suggestions please PM ME or REPLY down in the replies section! I had a lot of fun making this guide, but I also made it because I want you all to stay safe on Steam! Well, thanks for reading and until next time! -funkyPug

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    • You should explain that in order for the PIN to be effective, you should make sure no account settings are selected and how to select no games (select certain games only then on next page, none.) You should also note, this will only delay an attacker for a limited amount of time. (hopefully enough time to self lock your account, see below)
    • Next item you seem to be missing, account self locking when certain account actions are made, a confirmation email is sent with a link to lock your own steam account with step by step instructions.
    • Best to note that you should never reuse the same pw on multiple sites and the longer the pw, the harder it is to crack.
  3. -[AOP]- FunkyPug

-[AOP]- FunkyPug New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:58059225
    Thanks, You Are the One. I will be making changes today!