1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to get your gifts/items back (Revoke scammers)

Discussion in 'SteamRep Guides' started by GHoST61, May 22, 2012.

1. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    See https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9958-MJDG-3003#fraud
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    In other words, seek better tradepartners that aren't carding.
  3. ☁TTT☁ Applejack.MOV

☁TTT☁ Applejack.MOV New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:83161023
    Ill tell u what happened to me: 1 guy added me.. he was like - u searchin for this item, huh? so then we traded.. after makin the trade, another guy added me.. it was a guy scammed by that slut who traded with me.. he wanted his item back, and told me, that if i paid for the item (i did) and if i return it to him, ill soon get a dupe of it from valve.. he also sent a report to valve, so i think they will see my trading history... Will i get my copy of the item?
  4. xxBonsai99xx

xxBonsai99xx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32214292
    You don't get a copy of the item, steam support will give him a duplicate of the item if it was stolen from his account under certain circumstances (e.g. hijacking)
    Sounds like he is trying to get his item back for free by scamming you. Also he may not even be the real owner of the item, could just be some random person trying to rip you off. Either way you shouldn't give him the item for free.
  5. Uchiha itachi

Uchiha itachi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:75073883
    CAN I GET MY PRECIOUS ITEM BACK I ALREADY REPORT BUT NO REPLY
  6. xxBonsai99xx

xxBonsai99xx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32214292
    SteamRep is not affiliated with Valve in any way. We do not return items.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    @xxBonsai99xx:
    - "We" would imply you're SR staff...
    - "do not return items" implies that we have control over such, which we do not.
    More correct would be: SteamRep cannot return items, for they are not affiliated to Valve and or Steam.
    SIVARTZ likes this.
  8. Much Doge™

Much Doge™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:94362806
    I just sent in a ticket for my 200+ CS:GO items that were stolen and my 200+ DOTA 2 items that were stolen! Wish me luck i will confirm if my items were returned or not if this method works PROPS i will love u forever
  9. Much Doge™

Much Doge™ New User

Steam:
    What if someone phished your account as in they gave u a download and u downloaded it and the next minute your itmes got traded to someone random because thats what happend to my 400+ things in my inventory and valve hasn't responded to my ticket for 3 days do you think they will refund for that because it's basically a hijack
  10. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    They will give you your items but is one time gesture. Make sure you wipe(trojan) your pc before getting your items.
  11. Much Doge™

Much Doge™ New User

Steam:
    Thank you.
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  12. Much Doge™

Much Doge™ New User

Steam:
    How long do i have to wait cause it's been about a week.
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam support can take a week or up to 2 weeks before they respond. And the more text you put up, the less likely they will respond in person. The tip is to ask 1 question, that is specific, nothing else. Remember, they have less then a minute per steam support ticket to spend.
  14. Numusai Gamming

Numusai Gamming New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55757086
    now my gift was stolen :(

i never got stolen since create steam account, and i never login into any website using my steam oauth. But since i was interest into steam oauth to create my own web, i test oauth script in this site:
    http://bensmith.in/steam/
    https://github.com/SmItH197/SteamAuthentication

after that, 1 hour later, my game gift was automated reedem to this account http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198167143295
    how possible?
    maybe bensmith cheated me?
    because i never got hjacked before, i think bensmith stolen my account. can i give it back? or its imposible.

[​IMG]
  15. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Nobody should be clicking that link you posted... that is the reason you were basically phished and they got sent to a newly made 2 day old account. File a steam support ticket.
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    The site first linked actually did link to Valve's real authentication page. Not really sure where what went wrong, for I don't see the need to login into that site. Unless after the steam auth it again asked for the same data.
  17. Much Doge™

Much Doge™ New User

Steam:
    Just to let you know steam takes like a month to reply it's been 17 days and i still got no response
  18. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Out of precaution...I was unable to test the links at the time.
  19. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    understandable.
  20. Numusai Gamming

Numusai Gamming New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55757086
    yeah, dont test on your account, because all you valuable item will be sent to alex498023. i just say after login to that site, my all game gone. or maybe this is pure my fault, not that site.

please always becarefull, dont let your item stolen.

I know its 2 days ago,
    btw i already send the gift to my liltle brother account, but idk why all goes to that alex498023.
    maybe something wrong with my account.

Already do to revoke my gift. but i think steam cant help my problem, because no trade made, its gifting. :(
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014