1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to report a bunch of users impersonating people to scam?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by RIOT gobitoe, May 5, 2020.

1. RIOT gobitoe

RIOT gobitoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62201521
    Hi steamrep people, I'm not sure if the general discussions is the right place to post my question, but here it is.
    Recently, my friend's account was highjacked by a bot in steam group.

After he reported the hijack through steam support, he was wondering if there is any way to report MULTIPLE USERS in that steam group, which all have the same profile picture / description / etc and are obviously impersonating other users.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    My friend was scammed by the owner of the group and is trying to gather evidence for a steamrep report, but said user deleted him on steam and now he can't open the conversation anymore

thanks a lot
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2020
  2. RIOT gobitoe

RIOT gobitoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62201521
    edit: he got the steam messages and it was a phishing link which isnt reportable here, but is there any way to report all of those bots that are impersonating users?
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    We do not review hijacking/phishing reports for starters - but we certainly do not go after or look into large scale groups that you feel are not doing something properly.
    You can report the group to Valve instead from within the group a pull down menu option like it is for a steam user.
    Same applies for impersonation - report that to Valve - Impersonation alone is not a reportable offense here.
    I've hidden that group from your message since this is not the place for such posting.
    Here is our policy regarding hijacking/phishing - Report all such things to Valve, not here.
    Thanks!
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/