1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Looks like the festive scam, do I must report it ?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by l3D, Jul 17, 2019.

1. l3D

l3D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:98927413
    Hello everyone,

So here is the context :
    I recently started to bank festive and festivized weapons, I made some buy orders which both of them are a buy order for a festive sniper rifle for 1 key (I have hidden this one from my classifieds listings) and a buy order for a festivized sniper rifle for 5 ref.
    I got a couple of offers for a festivized for 1 key, when i asked one of those traders, he said he knew his weapon was festivized and wanted to sell it for 1 key, he saw i have made a buy order for a festive one but not for a festivized one.

At the beginning i though it was an error from him until he said that, do i have to consider his offer as a scam attempt ?

In the same time i got an offer for a normal sniper rifle which the person is asking me for 5 ref like my festivized buy order. (I made no buy order for a normal one)

Do i have to consider his offer as a scam attempt too ?
    What's your opinion ?
  2. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Is the user attempting to mis-represent their items to you? If they are telling you what the item is up front, which it seems like from your description, that doesn't sound like a scam attempt to me.