1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Mann Co Key too unlock account?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [iDF] Prudhoe, Jul 17, 2019.

1. [iDF] Prudhoe

[iDF] Prudhoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32305962
    Hey everybody.
    Me and a friend are very confused. Her account got reported for "duped items?" Something like that.
    So she had to get in contact with an Steam Admin. But it is so strange whats going on there. So i wanted to ask if thats normal.

Basically that "Admin" sent an email where she had to return a code. Thats like basically always a warning sign.
    But now she should buy a Mann Co Key?! From Marketplace.tf.
    For ~36 Euros
    ....just why? He claims it will be refunded. But she should pay it via PayPal.

Like srsly, what on earth is this. I never experienced something like this.
    If somebody could help, we would be more than happy.
    I also cant find any infoy on that in google.

Thank you in advance.
  2. [iDF] Prudhoe

[iDF] Prudhoe New User

Steam:
    Well, i m prtty sure now it was a scam.
    He wanted her to log in with his email on that marketplace.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Exactly what it sounds like: A scam.

He's trying to convince her that he's an admin, and that she should send her items and account credentials to him.
  4. [iDF] Prudhoe

[iDF] Prudhoe New User

Steam:
    Thank you very much for that confirmation!

Luckily we opted out "early" enough. Since i did not find his Steam ID as admin on that home page. We are just trying to get back the account. But atleast no money got lost an not other vital data.
    Tho I still feel ashamed, that i didnt told her to stop earlier. It happend so fast.