1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Possible New Crate Open Scam Website

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by TheSwiftStrike, Feb 26, 2019.

1. TheSwiftStrike

TheSwiftStrike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:225659570
    I was added by a user who told me to go to this url:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    and use a certain "promo code" to get free currency for said site. I immediately recognized that this was probably a scam, so I just checked the website to see what it was, and it appears to be a place where you could "open" TF2 and CS:GO crates a gain items. I open some using the promo code and it told me that I had gotten a ridiculously high value item and in order to get it in my inventory. I had to deposit $5 worth of items, which I didn't.
    A few days later I was added by a different user, and was told to go to this url :
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    and going to the website it looked like an exact copy of the previous website.
    As a side note both accounts had the same "real name" which said "We are opening and officially out of beta" which may suggest it's the same person running all accounts.
    There are probably more accounts spreading this scam and if you get contacted by one I highly recommend removing them.
    I hope that more people are aware of this.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2019
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    These sites a dime a dozen right now.. many many bot like steam accounts trying to add users and spam them with links like this.
    They are even just posting on comments so best to just report them to Valve and ignore them.
    Likely thousands of them right now.
    Please don't post the URL's though..I'm going to hide those so someone doesn't mistakenly use them.
    TheSwiftStrike likes this.