1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Removal from SteamREP

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by TempUser242, Jun 26, 2019.

1. TempUser242

TempUser242 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17791369
    Is it possible to get your account user history nuked if your in good standing and have no ban's?
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Not completely, but if you have a legitimate privacy concern, and don't appear to be covering up something shady like impersonation attempts, there is precedent for removing some snapshots from SteamRep profiles on request. Honoring such requests comes with a public warning that profile history has been redacted, in case you were hiding something incriminating after all. More useful for non-traders. You can see an example on my alt account here: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198081857481

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members).**
  3. TempUser242

TempUser242 New User

Steam:
    I'm alright with having the historical privacy note attached. Could you also remove this thread?
    Trying to minimize my footprint on the web.
  4. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    In the interest of transparency, we don't delete threads. Sorry.

If we apply this to your profile, all your profile snapshots (name, avatar, friends list, etc) older than 30 days will be effectively removed. Additionally, any existing profile snapshots will rotate out once they're 30 days old. You won't be able to see them either.

In the interest of preventing abuse by scammers, your SteamRep profile will also permanently display the above warning that some snapshots are being suppressed to anyone clicking the "Historical Data" link to look up your history. You can see an what it looks like on the alt I linked above.

Once you're enrolled, it's permanent, and you can't opt out again. Just to confirm, would you like me to apply this to your SteamRep profile?
  5. TempUser242

TempUser242 New User

Steam:
    Confirmed, Thank you for doing this. As for not deleting threads I understand why you have this policy, no worries.
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Your SteamRep profile has been opted out of historical snapshots.
  7. Don't Feed GabeN

Don't Feed GabeN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78135511
    Can I have my account permanently deleted too?
  8. Lava

SteamRep Admin: