1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561197963615406 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by upsh/ft, Oct 19, 2015.

1. upsh/ft

upsh/ft New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53502672
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197963615406

Victim profile: 76561198067271073

What happened? Description:
    Tonight I received a friend invite from (who I will refer to as) Scammer1 (I attach his steamrep profile later, as outlined in the PSA post) inquiring a trade for my FT Fire Serpent. He offers two knives - a ST Butterfly Vanilla, or a Marble Fade Flip FN. I ask him why they are not in his inventory, he tells me that it is in his vault account. I agree to the trade, and tell him just to send an offer. He expresses concern that my items are somehow duped, and asks me if it would be okay if I got the items checked to see if they were "100% clean." I assure him they are (honestly I've heard of the term duping, but don't know anything about it - obviously as far as I know my items are "dirty"). He claims that he has a Valve support ticket, and that a Steam Community Moderator can check if my items are clean. At this point I realize that this is 100% a scam, as I know tickets take weeks to process, and there are no such thing as employees of valve moderating steam trades. I call him out, and tell him that if this is a scam, quit wasting my time. Of course, he denies it, so I agree to (as he requested) a group chat with Scammer2 (who's Steamrep profile I also attach) as well, ONLY because I wanted to have better proof of the scam, and be able to report his alternate, "moderator" account as well. Scammer2 acts as if he is moderating the trade, assuring me that he is a Valve employee. Scammer1 plays along as expected. Eventually he (Scammer2) asks me to trade my item to him (as well as have Scammer1 trade the knife), so he will check them to see if they are "clean" and then give me the knife. At this point I have all the evidence I need to not waste any more time, so referencing an official Valve post on common trade scams, tell them I know it is a scam because a Valve employee would have a badge, and would never ask for my item. Scammer1 unfriends me, and removes me from his other chat, so I never got to save the one between me and him, but the group chat with Scammer2 I was able to screenshot. The 2 SS's are linked (Imgur). It clearly incriminates both of them. If there is anything else I can do, just let me know.
    Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/QfUJk

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. upsh/ft

upsh/ft New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53502672
    Correction to " obviously as far as I know my items are "dirty""
    I meant are NOT. Pretty clear due to context.