1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198884077500 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by wannabecinnabon, Jan 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wannabecinnabon

wannabecinnabon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:69086116
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198884077500

Victim profile: 76561198098437961

What happened? Description:
    Okay, so at some point I had received a friend invite from a user named Bottle. No clue who he was, and I don't know for sure when he sent it, as I'm somewhat sloppy with checking my incoming friend requests, but I can say that I accepted it on December 28th. I'm a trader on TF2 so I figured he was just trying to negotiate a trade with me. I said "hello" at 12:52 PM and asked him what was up at 12:59. No response. Two days later he says "hello" at 7:50 PM. I don't see the message until 3:01 PM (I don't remember why. I might've just been sleeping, to be honest.) but I respond with "hi" as soon as I can. No response again. Finally, at 12:54 this morning, he says he needs to tell me something. I see the message at 1:49 and finally we begin conversing in earnest. He warns me to the effect of me being mistakenly reported for scamming and needing to talk to a Valve administrator to clear my name. He sends me both the URL of a (seemingly) real Valve employee, (https://steamcommunity.com/id/christen) and an almost certainly fake Discord link. (Christine Coomer#3004) It's a pretty cookie cutter scam scheme, so I instantly just figured he was trying to steal my items and just asked him questions to try and poke holes in his story. I never added the Discord account, but apparently some of the people in my friends list who I talked with had also gotten linked to the exact same account.
    To be honest, I'm unsure if I should report this to the site or not, as I never got far enough to receive an actual trade offer by virtue of being simply afraid to engage further, but I assume that someone else has already reported what this "Christine Coomer#3004" does to this website, (Based on the fact that they're targeting TF2 users with somewhat sizeable backpacks I assume it's having people trade their items away) I'd just report what I've seen.​

Provide Evidence:
    Small preface: I took these screenshots before I went to this website and learned of the rules here, so unfortunately I do not have my URL appearing here. I hope that this doesn't invalidate the logs.
    View attachment 775298 View attachment 775299
    (Note: I claim that all the comments call the Valve group fake, but this isn't true. Only really the top two insinuate that, but those were the only two I read before thinking that was enough at the time. I believe this Steam account in question is real, but the discord being linked is definitely not.)
    View attachment 775300 View attachment 775301
    So after this point I had gone to this website and found the additional evidence I needed. This is why you'll see the URLs displaying now. I had already unfriended the user in question by the time of this screenshot.
    View attachment 775302 I can provide my friend activity as proof that we really did become friends, however.
    View attachment 775303

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Every single one of these we get is by a hijacked account - report them to Valve.
    Report the other user to Discord.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.