1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Request to remove historical data when my profile was public

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Ulyaoth, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Ulyaoth

Ulyaoth New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40931974
    Hello, I hope this is something that is within your abilities. I would like for you to remove/delete my historical data when my profile was set to public, the reasons as to why are as following:
    1. I believe that setting your profile to private/friends only while also having the ability to look at it when it wasn't private defeats the purpose of setting it to private in the first place (not to question your reasons, this is just from my point of view regarding my circumstances)
    2. I've had the same friends for pretty much all the time I was on steam, so if someone out there would want to spam me through my friends, a simple block/ignore wouldn't do the trick given this sort of information is out there.
    Thanks for your time and attention.
  2. Ulyaoth

Ulyaoth New User

Steam:
    If I'm being too specific here, general historic data removal is preferred, rather than just profile visibility, it's just the thing that stuck out to me the most. Thanks.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    We have a closed beta feature live on the website right now, which isn't really meant for traders but I can enroll you in if you have genuine privacy concerns and specifically ask for it. If opted in, all your profile snapshots (name, avatar, friends list, etc) older than 30 days will be effectively removed. Additionally, any existing profile snapshots will rotate out once they're 30 days old. You won't be able to see them either.

In the interest of preventing abuse by scammers, your SteamRep profile will also display a warning that some snapshots are being suppressed to anyone clicking the "Historical Data" link to look up your history. This is not intended for traders, and we would recommend traders be wary of anyone hiding their historical data as that's one way of identifying scammers. You can see an example of what this warning looks like on my alt, here: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198081857481

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Once you're enrolled, it's permanent, and you can't opt out again. Would you like me to apply this to your SteamRep profile?
  4. Ulyaoth

Ulyaoth New User

Steam:
    Yes please, I'd like to enroll. I don't mind the note on my profile.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Your SteamRep profile has been opted out of historical snapshots.
  6. ;w;

;w; Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:116280915
    hello, its the same for me! I would also like to enroll. Do i need to creat a new discussion for it or is it ok if i just ask it here?

Thx