1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Unknowingly trading with scammer.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Af2 | sigh, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Af2 | sigh

Af2 | sigh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:38296700
    Hi guys.

So just today, i traded with someone named
    -=GHS[A]=- Falcor

I had no idea he was a scammer. I traded my smoking tc for his burning nappers and 1.5 buds. When i wanted to +rep him on outpost, i realised he was banned for being an alt of a scammer. (http://www.tf2outpost.com/user/50040)

I'm sorry for unknowingly trading with a scammer. Will i be punished for this?
  2. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Most likely no.

First offense:
    Item/Game trades: You will receive a one-time warning for any high-value item or game trade with a SCAMMER. (This warning will be a temporary CAUTION tag that will be removed when you contact SteamRep admins.)
    Cash trades: You will receive a CAUTION reputation tag for buying high-value items from a marked scammer. Helping scammers profit is not something we can encourage.

Also, lol GHS. Be careful around them.
  3. Desu

Desu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33113755
    Why the f✿✿✿ would you give someone reputation for a normal trade that didn't involve money?
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    - laundering scammed items? (switching scammed items for "clean" items that then can be sold for money)
    - trading with scammers?
    - often such a trader is actually a alt of the scammer but not always provable. Its a way to catch on to scammers.

Please get informed before you start shitposting.

@the OP: Consider yourselves exonerated on this one. I did make a note of it.

Closing thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.