1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Unusual Cheaters Lament

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by DataStorm, Apr 16, 2013.

1. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I know all that... no point in explaining some that got patched, hmm?
  2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    I remember the guy who got a Haunted Chilling skull for visiting Valve after recovering from cancer.

They accidently allowed it to be wrapped but caught the guy before he sold it.
  3. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    Is that why it is illegal?

He actually tried to sell it?
  4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Yes, I remember he made a post on outpost and wrapped it, SPUF users spotted him and posted a thread, an employee saw the posts and removed the ability to be gift wrapped.

Had offers of like 40 buds but he was greedy enough to not take it.

Was a slip on Support's part. (Probably due to the nature of the item itself)
  5. Regen

Regen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23013129
    That is kind of selfish thinking though.
    What about others who wants to know how this was possible? hmm?
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

No, Valve sees an account owner ship as a license with 1 and the same person, which isn't transferable. So anybody who can prove its their account, gets it back, for somebody else using it is considered a hijack, no matter if the owner did so voluntary. However if Valve finds out that the account owner tried to sell or sold it, they may pose account restrictions on the account, up to disabling the account.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

So far anybody who found a duping glitch tried to profit from it, this guy reported it to valve without abusing it, and got rewarded. Why would I go "assume" the "good nature" of such ppl with such track record? Hence my reaction.
  8. Regen

Regen New User

Steam:
    Its patched and really can only be used learn at the moment.
  9. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    True, but people can also find a new way based off of it.
  10. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30535511
    Wish i could discover something like that and get a reward for it, i would have that Community Attendant i've been wanting ever since i started playing and the Polycount sets got released. Still good to see that someone didnt try to profit of this.
  11. scoottehbesht

scoottehbesht New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42676674
    Hehe, I tried the same thing a couple of days ago, however, my Windows 7 does not like my hosts file. Not only did I fail on getting a Cream Spirit Cow-Mangler (Which I would have no idea what to do with it if it worked...), but I also missed a once in a lifetime opportunity. Fml x_x. I am glad Error didn't use the exploit for his own purposes, though. That was a nice thing for him to do. I guess my only chance for a special item on the horizon is if my workshop item makes it in...
  12. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Well look on the bright side, you also missed out on Valve bending you over and going postal on you.
  13. scoottehbesht

scoottehbesht New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42676674
    I kinda meant getting a special hat as the "once in a lifetime opportunity", but at the same time I kinda have to admit I would kept the Mangler unless they deleted it, as was the case with his Deflector. Well, I guess I can put the past behind me, but I find it so ironic that all this happened the day after I tried... However, I have no idea how Valve could have possibly fixed this without sending an emergency TF2 update or tweaking the item schema... Maybe they managed to patch it during yesterday's maintenance session...
  14. Regen

Regen New User

Steam:
    Anyone with the knowledge of how to exploit it after the patch would already know what I stated in said post.
  15. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    I would of asked for a bubbling Hat of Undeniable Wealth and Respect! That would be the coolest hat ever! Anyways, If valve sent me a 1 of a kind unusual for "kicking cancer's ass". I would of never sold it. I mean they met you in person, liked you, and sent you possibly the rarest and most valuable item in your favorite game!!!!!! Who would sell that?
  16. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    sadly because money is money and as much as people love a game they eventually get tired of it and want the money.
  17. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    i.e. Traders.
  18. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    WAIT WHAT .?????

Btw they can give me a burning Killer Exclusive i wont sell it :)
  19. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    I don't know why he would choose the cheater's lament. IMO that is an ugly hat.
  20. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

irony is the key to understanding it. And he actually chose another hat, but changed his mind or valve was reluctant on it.