1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Will i get Scammer tag? ( 2)

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by OmgZippy, Nov 12, 2012.

1. OmgZippy

OmgZippy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55385208
    if i have idle account tag as scammer will i get scammer tag too if i trade all idle item on my acc?? what if the scammer stop scam still get scammer tag? pls dont close this thread so i can reply
  2. Starburst

Starburst New User

Any alternate account we find of a marked scammer gets tagged, cant say that anymore clearly. If you don't want the tag, you will have to appeal the original offense and win the appeal.

Also, if you repost another locked topic, you wont be able to post in this section again.
  3. OmgZippy

OmgZippy New User

Steam:
    if same ip consider as alternate account? or not
  4. Starburst

Starburst New User

We have a variety of ways to identify alt accounts, but I will not specifically say them as not to be abused.
  5. OmgZippy

OmgZippy New User

Steam:
    btw starburst when will my scammer tag remove? i get scammer tag because i buy items from my brother without knowing he is a scammer. i aready make appeal .
  6. AF2 | SPIRIT

AF2 | SPIRIT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35144733
    Seems legit
    SudasGalva and Dronefly like this.
  7. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    If you have appealed in the proper format, you just need to wait until staff can deal with your appeal. They get a lot of appeals and they are expedited normally based on when they were submitted. These things cannot be rushed, since all must be properly investigated, so you must be patient and await an outcome.

I think your question was covered, anyone who is fully tagged will have any ALT accounts they own, instantly tagged as soon as they are discovered. In this game a tag applies to the user, not to the account. If you are tagged and you own 20 ALTS, every one of them will be tagged as soon as they are verified as belonging to you.

As Starburst noted, there are a number of ways that help discover and verify ALT accounts, none of which I am going to mention :)