1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is it possible to appeal a tag if you really did scam?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ThatIrishSOB, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatIrishSOB

ThatIrishSOB New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41158068
    I'm considering appealing my SR tag in the future. I do believe there is sufficient enough evidence of me being a changed person, (backpack and profile public for months, one year since scam, the person I scammed believes I have changed) but do you take this into account when handling appeals? Do you have to have evidence that you didn't scam or can you still appeal with evidence that you have changed since the scam?
  2. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    It really depends on the situation. Steamrep does on occasion unmark people who have admitted to being a scammer. It is taken at a case by case basis though. So in short, yes it is possible.
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    The purpose of SR is not to punish, it exists to warn players about potential "bad" traders, it does this with a combination of education and the tagging system. Hopefully I can reply impartially, since I am not a part of SR.

SR Staff are players and people just like everyone else, they do not get their rocks off tagging people, and they try to take a great deal of care with how tags are imposed.

From what I have seen, any appeal is treated on its merits, and there have been many cases of scammers who have turned a new leaf and spent a long time dealing fairly with the community. Remember however, there are many factors at play. For example the severity of the original scam, the time passed since the original offence and just how genuine contrition is. Many times I have seen someone claim they have "changed", only to find the Appeal Mod link some other incident on another site which taints the appeal.

If you feel you should appeal, my advice is be completely honest, provide as much information you can to support your appeal (for example detail how you have behaved in the community since, how you have helped etc) and hope for the best.

Remember it is very important to be honest, SR will catch you out in a lie and you will never get another chance to appeal :)
    ThatIrishSOB likes this.
  4. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    f✿✿✿✿✿✿ lol
  5. ThatIrishSOB

ThatIrishSOB New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41158068

Thanks, that's the reply I was looking for.
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I would say no.
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/sr-tag-appeal-76561198042581864.17755/

Re-appeals must be approved prior to be given one, and only under specific conditions, (new evidence, admin error, or other extenuating circumstance) IMO, you don't fit into any of those categories. You can attempt to contact the head appeal admin Atom and ask him to review it, I would not expect much of a result tho if I were you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.