1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198055831375 (iiShawn)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Boball, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Boball

Boball New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:22255843
    Well, before we start this I am listed as a scammer. Nonetheless, I still want my hat back. Well here is what happened. Some guy with TONS of rep added me offering $80 for my Gifted Unusual Orbiting Fire TC. I said sure and I went first since I saw all the Reputation. I gave him the hat and he just fled. I have screenshots, proof, etc. I may not get my hat back due to my old actions when I used to scam like an idiotic child. But I've grown from that and want to at least get this guy handled with.

Screenshots:
    http://imgur.com/a/8adua

Is there any way to retrieve my Team Captain back? I know I was a scammer, but that doesn't mean I can be scammed and no one will care.
  2. Boball

Boball New User

Steam:
  3. Bo0m!

Bo0m! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:548776
  4. Desu

Desu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33113755
    Ugh. 80$ for an orb fire team captain is crazy cheap. I would have bought that instantly without scamming you.
  5. Rhyolite

Rhyolite New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16392391
    Pretty ironic when you scammed a hat yourself?
  6. [Ultimate] Zion

[Ultimate] Zion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23339983
    Trading with a scammer could probably get iishawn tagged as well.
  7. Boball

Boball New User

Steam:
    Yessir! I'll go look up my Trade History right now for you. Yeah I know it's cheap, my parents need the money kind of because they do own 2 Medical Companies, but they aren't doing so well. Anyways, I know I am a scammer and I did help a friend scam in the past due to peer-pressure which I'm over. Heres my item history http://imgur.com/XvYwh
  8. Boball

Boball New User

Steam:
    Didn't you see I said I am or perhaps was a scammer. I'm about to quit anyways, but I plan on transferring all my items to my little brother and the Team Captain was going to be a huge gift if I couldn't sell it. So this is a disappoint to me.
  9. Rhyolite

Rhyolite New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16392391
    Don't you think it was a disappointmemt to the guy YOU scammed? Quitting or not, you still scammed an innocent person and now you're whining about you being scammed.

If you didn't give a f✿✿✿ when you scammed a person why would we care now? I'd say let this be a lesson for you, just because you got scammed doesn't make what you did in the past right in any way.

/e: Transfering items from your current account which is marked to your little brother's will get him marked too.
  10. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Scamming is scamming, it's irrelevant who the person reporting it is.
    This report is valid.
  11. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    I agree. Even scammers are allowed to post reports on other scammers. I don't think we should give them words of pity as they don't deserve them but most definitely the report needs to be taken seriously and followed through.
  12. Gentlemen

Gentlemen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40082589
    I have the hat. He traded it to me. I can trade it back
  13. xTc

xTc New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25255475
    get the taste of ur own medicine, kiddie
  14. Starburst

Starburst New User

for now listed, he said he will return it tho.
  15. Boball

Boball New User

Steam:
    Well I guess I should start off saying I was younger. I will be using this account for everything except TF2 since I'm quitting it forever. I am giving my hats, etc. to friends, family, and people who know Im a listed scammer, but do know that I've changed. But, I talked to Shawn it was a HUGE misunderstanding. He had the intentions of giving the hat back and everything, it was due to fraud and I can go on about this forever. The point is he didn't plan on scamming me. I will ask though if his consequences, scammer tag, etc. be dis-missed. He does NOT deserve that after I heard everything, he is still buying the hat from me. Because I need the money for my Little Brother's Birthday and the rest for my family. Thank you, this thread should be dis-missed since I AM scum, not him.
  16. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    You have not changed in spite of what you say. You were younger then - are you kidding me? You still chose the dark side two weeks ago and refused to pay back who you stlole from, and you are still SCUM - that is the one thing you said I must agree with. You have had two opportunities to repay the people you screwed before and sadly you opted for yourself (even though you had enough in your backpack to make it right both times), what is only good for Boball, and greed over doing the right thing. And Shawn still scammed a scammer best I can tell - which lowers himself to your level.
    Again, be advised that anyone you exchange or do trades with, may be marked as scammer also - so are you planning on possibly taking them down with you also? Probably won't matter to you as what is only important to you is what is good for Boball...
  17. Horten

Horten New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23332847
    I am and was friends at the time iiShawn "scammed" him. iiShawn contacted me immediately after this "scam".
    He told me that he scammed the guy unintentionally, because his card didn't go through.
    and he didn't know what to do, he was scared, and he blocked boball immediately after.
    He asked me for a solution. (wrong guy)

If I had saved my steam chat, you'd know that this was completely unintentional, and was resolved, and then unresolved by an admin by taking away iiShawn's TC that he bought off boball 12hours later when he had the money, and then was banned permanently from trade.

iiShawn has done trades with many people, and I doubt he would intentionally scam someone knowing the risks more than I do; playing for 3 years.
  18. Horten

Horten New User

Steam:
    note: I've only known iiShawn for about a week or two. I have no real-life relation, or online relation with him.
    I only am defending him because I was a witness, and a permanent trade ban after it was resolved doesn't seem reasonable to this.
  19. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5412928
    Steamrep doesn't trade ban, Steam (Valve) Trade ban. SteamRep Tag scammers only.
  20. Horten

Horten New User

Steam:
    Really? I didn't know that.. Maybe I should go contact Garry Newman and ask him who made Garry's Mod.