1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Did something really stupid, wondering if I can do something about it

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by xTh3rMo5x, Jun 25, 2013.

1. xTh3rMo5x

xTh3rMo5x New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46850370
    Alright so I was playing Mann vs Machine with a few friends and I get this add from a fellow. He wants to buy my war pig, and I tell him to wait. After the match, I trade with him, not realizing I already sold my normal quality war pig. Well.. in short, I searched in the bar for 'war pig' and it only brought up the unusual one I owned, and then I sold that to him. For two refined.

I f✿✿✿ed up, I know. Is there anything I can do? I know my unusual's long gone at this point. He removed me right away.
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

steam support ticket, no warranty, but small chance, but be honest.
  3. xTh3rMo5x

xTh3rMo5x New User

Steam:
    what can I do about the guy that I traded with?
  4. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Ask him nicely for it back(if he didn't resell it).
    If your going to trade in the middle of a game, I suggest take a second to double check before you hit that trade button.
  5. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Well name and shame, just who was the ethically bankrupt user?

Certainly speak to him and urge him to reverse the trade, screenshot his responses. If he doesn't play ball see above, I want to make sure I have his info to ban him on my servers :)
  6. xTh3rMo5x

xTh3rMo5x New User

Steam:
  7. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Typical.

Well I have banned him on my servers for what it is worth :)
  8. xTh3rMo5x

xTh3rMo5x New User

Steam:
  9. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    BTW, why would steam give back your items? If they did..would other traders try to lie and say they accidentally made a mistake as well?
  10. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    This is the main reason to why traders specially high value trades are done when both people have the time, sadly he didnt do anything wrong and cannot really be marked or anything.

That being said, his moral compass dosn´t really seem to be pointing towards north, but not anything SR can do about it.
  11. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

his compass was pointing west, he's from Florida, and "victim" is west-coast.
  12. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    To bad Florida is such a nice place normally :eek:
  13. Nathan Cash

Nathan Cash New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45077164
    I feel your pain man. Ive almost traded away an unusual as minor sweets before. Was not a good feeling.
  14. TheRedBomber

TheRedBomber New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43941422
    I'm still wondering when valve is going to change the icons so that we can differentiate between item qualities to prevent really disastrous mistakes like this.
  15. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182

never.
  16. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868

Wait, I'm confused, do you not have quality colors enabled? I was fairly certain it was default. I mean one is purple and one is yellow. Not to mention in chat, one's name will be purple and the other's yellow.
  17. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I ask, how can one MISS it really? its the same as in Inventory as in trade:

colorblind.png
    Eoj Nawoh likes this.
  18. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Not to mention, even if you did miss it on the item itself. A quick look at trade chat will say _____ added a "Unusual blah blah"
  19. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Only excuse for being quickswitched or scammed in a similar fashion is being fully color blind and absolutely illiterate, then again, the latter of the two falls through, because you have to be able to read to have agreed to a trade to begin with.

If you get quickswitched or put up the wrong item, you have to be pretty stupid, in my own opinion. I have no sympathy for people who are too lazy to read simple text.