1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

To All Those Who Are Eager To Help! (UPDATED)

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by HelenAngel, Aug 30, 2012.

1. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61150066
    Quick question about the judgment call addition. There was recently a scam regarding a minecraft account, would it be ok for us to inform the user that those types of reports are not handled here? Or leave it to the mods and admins?
  2. [BMod]Mr.Evol (No sound)

[BMod]Mr.Evol (No sound) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57215583
    I'm new but they didn't follow the rules for posting reports so i would warn them but the admins would handle it. :D
  3. RetroPCx

RetroPCx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56032999
    One question, So anyone can post as long as they follow this guideline?
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Yes, anybody may post on reports and/or appeals as long as that is giving more information for THAT case, or is asking questions to speed things up / make things clear.

What we do NOT want is non-related stuff to clutter up such threads, or judgmental by non-staff members.
  5. RetroPCx

RetroPCx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56032999
  6. SpartanNinja302

SpartanNinja302 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33741154
    Ill follow the rules and Thank you for helping making the community better By getting scammer/phlshing mark so people can't be scammed or get there account's hacked :D
  7. As some of you can recall, when trading was introduced to TF2 it was a proverbial "Wild West" if you will. This website has toned a lot of that down and I think the services Steamrep team provides the trading community is testament that good will does in fact exist in people. Given the backlog however, I'm curious, what in fact does it take to become an admin?
  8. TheUnknownVenom [MCT]

TheUnknownVenom [MCT] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60472243
    I've made several videos on trading, but I'm not sure if I should make this one specifically on this topic on growth. Any thoughts?
  9. the_demoman

the_demoman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34330823
    i read a post about a trader who is currently trying to scam me i believe have not made trade yet and i think he has scammed others is there any thing i can do to help them out or what should i do ? any ideas? ty​
  10. Frozen Pyro

Frozen Pyro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32036816
    If you believe that, or want to see if, the trader has scammed others, then you can run a search for them on SteamRep and check their reputation. Either way, it's usually good to help add to the notes to further cement that the trader is a scammer.
  11. meffordh

meffordh New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16987886
    This site has the same problem a system like overwatch does it would seem. There are not enough people willing to contribute to review material. I got scammed and bumped my post like 100 times. Then the scammer who scammed me bumped my post, trolling to show he doesn't give a s✿✿✿ and knows this system doesn't stop him from scamming people. http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...rike-global-offensive-items.67791/#post-18983

Anyway, given that, I'll toss my hat in the ring to review posts if it helps. I also think if you tried to raise funds for the site you'd get a lot of donations from people who were scammed as their reports got reviewed and such.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    added to OP:
    Reports are NOT discussion threads. If your post is NOT adding evidence or information to the report in either way proving or disproving the report, then you SHOULD NOT POST.
  13. Spoderman 2

Spoderman 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:85466681
    I see all members, I don't wnna be a new member. I wanna be MEMBER. How do I become that? :)
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    The status "New Member" is forum post-count dependent. I believe its at about 50 posts that it will be changed into "Member", however those statuses have no meaning whatsoever.
  15. Its Paces

Its Paces New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:72807960
    Currently wondering how many times you've answered that question
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    exactly 1 time.

But that question of yours? by now hundreds of times...
  17. Its Paces

Its Paces New User

Steam:
    People should make it a little easier for you and look for the answer first, and now that i think about it thats not surprising at all
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I'll refer to my signature ;)
    Roudydogg1 and Its Paces like this.
  19. Its Paces

Its Paces New User

Steam:
    That deserves many many likes
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  20. Spoderman 2

Spoderman 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:85466681
    Its Paces what do you think about the current CSGO market or whatever you can call it?