1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I'd like some help and advice about this trade

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by SlashStarEX, Apr 25, 2012.

1. SlashStarEX

SlashStarEX New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41762144
    So here is the basic background.
    I recently acquired this new unusual, Orbiting Planets Chieftains Challenge and decided to look here > http://tf2unusual.com/tf2/?menu=Soldier if anyone was interested in buying it for cold hard $$$.
    Oddly enough, one person was offering $80, and it was a quite recent offer.
    Intrigued, I looked to see if they had Steam Rep or SourceOP threads, but on their steam profile, they said they did no such thing.
    Rather, they only have what is on their profile.

Should I do the trade, knowing that they could chargeback even with what little precaution there is such as having a note added on?
    Should I ask for them to use a moneypak, knowing that he may or may not want to?
    That there is any possible way to make sure I won't be charged back besides moneypak or if there is a method I don't know of on trading for $$$?
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    MoneyPak is your best bet. Or ask him to buy earbuds / Steam games and give those to you in the quantity you are seeking.

In the United States you can use Dwolla, but usually people don't have an account setup and ready with it.

Good luck!
  3. Desu

Desu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33113755
    Also remember that the offers on tf2unusual are often outdated and not more valid. You can still ask him but I doubt he is still interested.
  4. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
  5. Champelliot

Champelliot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36236835
    I must agree with mattie, it may be more secure for him to buy 2 buds and about 8 keys, which amounts to around $80, then ask him to trade you the physical items, and then sell the keys and buds to a trusted trader, that way there is no risk of charge back. Moneypak also is again, a very useful tool.