1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Concerned about the recent integrity of Steamrep

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by AcesGamer, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randinie Grey Beard

Randinie Grey Beard New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8100589
    Not scamming? It is straight up theft/stealing, no grey area, not borderline, just straight up stealing. Every civilized country in the world has laws against this kind of action. Ask the victims of these events, they are not confused to how they feel about losing their items to an exploit. While they do except the responsibility for the exploit being possible, it does not mean they surrender their rights to not be a victim of a crime.

The work done by those in SR can never be fully appreciated. All of us obviously love this game or we wouldn't be here, lets try and remember we choose this game for fun, to relax, enjoy some quality time with good friends while we kill each other over and over again.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. Fiskie

Fiskie tf2bazaar founder Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26166446
    The pending scam report forum spanning 22 pages and almost 2 months is a "minor" issue? Ditto for the appeals section as well?

No son, these aren't minor issues. These are things that need to be addressed pronto with a more distributed workload. I'm not sure how the current staff could retain a healthy lifestyle if they tried clearing the backlog.

The whole Scamming=/=Exploiting thing again. They are completely different terms. One is fraud and deception, the other is unethical use of a resource.

Not really. All of this community work pretty much drove me away. Kinda glad though since I needed to quit.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I think you are confused, an exploit itself is not theft, using an exploit to commit theft, is theft.

Go and exploit a random ATM for money, see if you get arrested for theft, then post back here letting us know what happened.
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Also, its 1 thing to try and find such, and then report it to them. But its a whole different thing to find such, and then exploit the hell out of it to gain from it.

You may like to pay for it. But doesn't mean its not punishable by real world law.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I reopened this thread Tuesday for discussion because its always good to get both positive and negative feedback, it has now been about two or so days since anything constructive has been posted. Thanks all who didn't personally attack anyone. I'm sure we will be reviewing this thread for a few weeks to see some of the biggest issues people think we have, and hopefully address a few of them in some way.
    Backseatsman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.