1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. D2Girls

D2Girls New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17721741
    what kind of qualities and qualifications do you look for someone who can middleman?
  2. Ares=))

Ares=)) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46672984
    I wonder the same thing o_o
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Wonder no more, contact Admins on whatever server/network you use :)
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Put up speed signs. You make a spray from:
    [​IMG]

That should help, if not, contact the police (admin / community) of the server, and report the offender by going spectator, record a demo while viewing the offender's action from spectator view in first person (not hanging above, but seeing it from their viewpoint).
    VenGanZa and Thomas Matthias like this.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Btw, valve won't help vs speedhackers or aimbots or wallhackers etc anyways. Their stance is that VAC will (read SHOULD) deal with it.

but VAC bans won't be done soon, it will take ~6-8 weeks b4 a VAC ban kicks in. If ever. I know some hacker accounts of 2 years ago that still aren't VAC'd.
  6. Engi

Engi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30716391
    Hi there, I was scammed in trading Dota2 items using Desc Tag and Name Tag in normal courier to unusual courier at yesterday. I already report it at steamrep and steam community. But I just want to know that Is that any chance to get back my Items? If yes, How should I do.
    One more thing, the item Set I traded is Only one of my precious one.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

in most cases recovery of scammed items won't be possible. The only way to MAYBE get them back is via steam support. Explain in steam support ticket exactly what happened, and you may or may not get your items back.
  8. tedmyth

tedmyth New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28773964
    hello, someone could help me with a ban?

I just can not get any response from moderator
  9. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    If you mean your scammer tag, you need to appeal that with Dota 2 Traders.
  10. tedmyth

tedmyth New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28773964
    this I know, I already did my appeal however no one answers me
    there is not one forum moderator to answer

it's been months already, omg
    I want to solve this
    Can anyone help me?
  11. osamugint

osamugint New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58521376
    Hi, i'm new here, and i have a question
    Can i report a user that hijacked my account? my account is hijacked previous Tuesday (18/6), and i just got my account, items back this morning (24/6). Will steam ban him or i have to report? I don't want him go around and hack other new users like me. I have only history trade, that prove he trade almost my items for some trash items treasure chests he has.
  12. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    SR and Valve are totally separate.

He may very well end up trade banned by Valve, however irrespective, it is always a good idea to report to SR. Just follow proper reporting format and include Steam Ticket info (but hide your email/pass info etc).
  13. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Most probable the account that hijacked you was hijacked too. Its pretty hard do nail a hijacker when he's not having his own account...

Reporting to SR will lead to a scammer tag, and will require that person to appeal it with proof he was hijacked.
  14. osamugint

osamugint New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58521376
    im not so sure about this guy. Before i got my account back, i checked his profiles and his inventory(he added my hijacked account for trading, i have another account for backup) there are some items that might belong to me (it seems that) and these items just are not valuable. Now after i got my account back, i checked his inventory again, there are even more items that more valuable than mine( US courier, tournament items, strange items...). I just wonder how he can get those items in a short times? Agreed that he may have many accounts and he can trade those items from his accounts but i still think he just hacked from other :(. i thought steam will do somethings with his account after my case, but now i think not cuz seem he just hacked other account (i guess).
    So if i want to report him i need more proofs, i have only history traded, what do i need to my report accepted?

here is info i found about him

| steamname: should be more patient
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:59180449
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198078626627
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198078626627

here is the link that he gave me on dota2lounge , to tricked me

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  15. NeWoObY

NeWoObY New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28767842
    Good Day,

How do I go about reporting a scammer, I just got scammed out of $86?

Regards,
    Carlos aka Newooby
  16. NeWoObY

NeWoObY New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28767842
    Sorry figured it out. Thanks
  17. boogeyman™

boogeyman™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50638104
  18. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Any rude comments made will be removed. Post constructively.
  19. Flibbertigibbet

Flibbertigibbet New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32715519
    Currently there is a guide up on the steam community which specifically details how to look for inexperienced players, search inventories for items you want and essentially how to rip someone off. It's written so as to come across as a friendly guide, but the underlying principles it talks about are definitely in the bounds of scamming/sharking. I'm not trying to instigate a scammer report, as there's no evidence shown in the guide that the author has scammed personally but the guide itself is rather suspect. I just wanted to know whether this is something that you guys would want to know about to record/archive etc, or whether this is something for Valve to deal with solely? Any players who want to get into trading and follow this guide on 'how to get good deals in Team Fortress 2 trading' could seriously risk getting themselves a scammer tag. Advice such as
    '
    The Salvaged crate is a fairly simple crate to get as most players don't buy keys from the store, so you can trade them a weapon or two just for all the crates they have, which include the salvaged one.

and

Search the inventories of the players you are currently playing with and then make the trade. Before you just trade them all willy-nilly you need to know if the player has the item and if he doesn't have a lot of trading experience because people with trading experience might want a bit more from you than usual. The best way to check this is by viewing their profile and inventory. See if they don't have a lot of hours on Team Fortress 2, and check their backpack to see if they organized it or just let the game do it for them. Another good thing to check if they have a steam profile and the number of friends they have

this is clearly advocating the targeting of players who are likely to be unaware of the true value of their items.
  20. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726