1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is there a statute of limitations on scamming?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by 『tofu』fun in the sun, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was scammed on SourceOP in February of 2011 for a Max Head. It was a paypal trade for $110, but I never got the money, and since it was outside the system, Valve wouldn't do anything about it. This was before I knew about Steamrep (or before it existed?) so I just made a thread about the guy on SPUF with as much evidence/chatlogs as I could get, stopped trading for a while, and eventually forgot about it.

Recently I've begun trading again, and wanted to track down the guy in question just to get some answers. I now have his steam account, and noticed he's built up a lot of rep and stopped scamming, assuming the account wasn't just hijacked.

Is there any point to finding that old thread with the chatlogs and reporting the guy? Or is this just a waste of time?
  2. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Well in theory if you have enough evidence etc to get him tagged there should be no reason why they wouldn't tag him.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You can always report old scams as long as you still have the evidence.
  4. So after looking up some old threads, it seems as though the guy I traded with had his SourceOP account hijacked. The account his profile is linked to is different than the steam account I got via PM offering me money (who is already a marked scammer) I friend requested the guy whose sourceOP account was hijacked, but he ignored me. Since he's regained control of the account and hasn't been marked since then, I guess there isn't anything left to do.

Details: http://forums.sourceop.com/threads/25563-I-ve-been-scammed-even-with-a-middleman
    Hijacker: http://steamrep.com/search?q=STEAM_0:1:39125083
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Please pm me the information you mentioned so i can look into it further.
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

ps: you can PM him by clicking on his green "You are the one" name, and then click "start a conversation"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.