1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived 76561198082012141 (Baty)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Big Boss, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Boss

Big Boss New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30173235
    Victim:
    Scammer:
    Screenshots attached.

Description:

I was buying keys in official Store but then I found out that I can actually have a better deals for the money trading with real people in Dota Lounge. So I found this guy who was selling keys relatively cheap, and had a good rep in his account. No negative Steamrep at that time.

One thing that got my attention was that he's Russian but his location, avatar was changed right before the trade. His location was some islands at that time, now it's Japan, but it's obviosly not true. Another thing was that he declined to use protection code used by Webmoney (Russian payment system). But then I though - ok this guy has a good rep, what can possibly go wrong?

I needed about 10-15 keys so we had three trades overall:
    1. I give him money in advance, he gives me the key. Done.
    Then I decide that this guy is OK and I need to save some time buying more keys at the time.
    2. I pay for 3 keys, he says "Let me check", gives me 3 keys. Done.
    3. I pay for 6 keys, he says "Let me check"... Baaaam! He's offline, ignoring me.

Important: At first I didn't know what to do, but then I thought "You f***ed with a wrong Mexican" and blocked his Webmoney account by writing a report to the system. http://clip2net.com/s/54qgpT He answers to my report: "I am guilty and sorry. But that man (me, Big Boss) don't want his money back". Whaaaaaat? He stole my money, and I don't want it back? It's ridiculous.
    So I checked his report history, and it turns out that a few days before my trade he scammed a guy with one key. Recieving money and not giving a treasure key back.
    http://clip2net.com/s/54qi9s
    Excuse me that images are as links, I just don't want to waste space in the thread itself.

So after I reported him he sends an invitation to be friends again. I didn't know it was him at first, becase he changed his nickname, but the second he begans to talk I immidiately recognise him. He asks me to take my report back and he will give me back my money. Buy hey, I need my keys! But the important part is, if I took my report back, he would freely transfer his money to another account and disappear forever.

It seems like I'm running out of space, I'm sorry this is my first report and the situation is really furstrating to me.

Transcript in English:
    Scammer (S): Hi again =)))
    Victim (V): Hi
    S: I'll give your money back.
    V: I'm glad you're smart enough.
    S: OK I'm really sorry
    S: That was silly of me
    V: Ok, but never do it again.
    S: Ok.
    V: You can rise your prices, do whatever you want but don't scam people.
    S: Ok sorry.
    V: Give my money back through Webmoney Arbitration.
    V: Or directly to my wallet, I'll let you know that everything's fire.
    S: I can't send it back unless you delete your report. @ --------- here I start to suspect something strange again@
    V: Ok give me back my keys than. I'll delete a report then and tell them that case is closed.
    S: I better send you the money. @------Why? You have these keys in stock!@
    V: No, I don't want to be scammed the second time.
    S: I will send you back your money.
    S: If I don't just write a report again. @-----of course, after you transfer all your money to another wallet or Visa@
    V: I give you my last warning.
    S: Ok.
    S: I'll go away to smoke
    S: Will you be here?
    S: Or it's better to contact you tomorrow? @----of course today, why would I wait?@
    V: Ok, I'll be here.
    S: Ok I'll be here in a minute.
    V: I'm here. What's the time you'll be here tomorrow?
    S: There's no tomorrow. You have the keys, let's solve this issue today.
    V: Plus 3 keys for a compensation.
    S: ok ok
    S: Let me send my money back.
    S: And we'll be fine.
    V: Just keys.
    S: But we had a deal!
    V: I don't want to unban your wallet so you can scam me one more time.
    S: I'll give you back my money and we'll forget about it.
    V: No. My terms are clear. If you don't accept them, wait for Arbitration and full block.
    S: Offline. Deletes himself from friends again.

Attached Files:

2. XE_ManUp

XE_ManUp Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5021657
    Do you still have the WebMoney Screenshots? They have been deleted. I know it has been a while, and for that I apologize.
  3. Big Boss

Big Boss New User

Steam:
  4. Big Boss

Big Boss New User

Steam:
    Finally, webmoney arbitraje stated that he was a scammer and gave me control of his wallet so I can return my money. You can either close this case or ban him in steam community as well to make it a safer place.

Thanks anyway.
  5. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    Since when does Webmoney gives you control over someone elses wallet? Also, the image you provided:

Please re-submit it and upload it on the forums instead, it'll stick around.

Regards,
    Skyrider
  6. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    The information that was asked for was not provided. I will be archiving this report.

If you obtain the information requested and have it to present, then feel free to PM me and I will re-open the report to continue the investigation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.