1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Did a stupid thing, need advice.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by (PBPP) Pootis Buddy, Sep 8, 2013.

1. (PBPP) Pootis Buddy

(PBPP) Pootis Buddy Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39782621
    So today exactly 11 hours ago I sold my scorching Spartan for http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/14258950 (Searing Honcho, 2 searing capo;s, vivid festivisor) I was a complete idiot im not going to lie, I didn't check the guys history beforehand and it turns out he is a marked man, I'm not really sure what to do in this sort of situation as i haven't been in it before, some advice would be nice. if it comes to it i would rather give the hats back to the original owners if they were indeed scammed from it, or delete them.
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    SR does not punish people who unknowingly trade with a marked scammer, and from the sounds of it, that applies to you.

If you wish you could try to contact whoever the scammer may have obtained them from, but for all we know they were bought legitimately so no point jumping the gun there.

The main thing is you now know to check when buying/selling higher value items, it doesn't take long, but is all to easy to forget at times :)
  3. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Person marked as a scammer =/= all items in his possession are scammed.
    Teeird likes this.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    but over time, the scammed items are part of how he got the current items. Paid by those items etc.
  5. (PBPP) Pootis Buddy

Steam:
    I understand that but I need advice, not Theories.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    If you want to know if items are scammed, check the item history on backpack.tf / outpost / tf2items.com, and check the owners before the scammer. then check if those owners have reports on this forum for being scammed, and in the reports, check which items where involved.
  7. Garry

Garry New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18062448
    Non of the hats were scammed or bought with the items that he scammed. If anyone would have took the time to read the report on him http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561197994163065-vlijm-d.30106/ you would know that he gave all the items he scammed back. All hats were bought a good while before he got tagged. I doubt Pootis knew that he was trading with someone that is tagged as he left Vlijm some rep http://puu.sh/4mrj1 forgot to make a screenie of the whole page though.
  8. mj oz

mj oz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20551402
    I too did the same dumb thing today. trade was on tf2 trading post. Checked BP examiner to see if it was duped but didnt look at steam rep. only after trading for his degroot, and going back to outpost did I see he was tagged scammer. I cant see a report that this item was scammed. Question is whether it causes a problem to try and trade the item now or in the future? Sorry to hijack this thread. can open a new one if better to do so
  9. ryaneus

ryaneus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53135677
    It would be safer if you didn't trade with him so just keep that in mind.
  10. (PBPP) Pootis Buddy

Steam:
    Safer to trade with who exactly?