1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198045248718 EChondo (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by EChondo, Sep 8, 2013.

1. EChondo

EChondo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42491495
    | steamname: EChondo
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:42491495
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045248718
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/EChondo
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045248718

A long time ago my brother(Jake) scammed some people and got a bunch of Scammer tags. I in the process got flagged as a scammer as well(since we live in the same household, therefore under the same IP). I found this out in the middle of talking with a SR admin(I can't remember who) since I didn't know why I had a tag in the first place. After taking some pictures so the admin could have photo evidence that my brother and I are different people and not him just using an alt, he had to go since it was late and also to talk to his higher ups.

The next day we continue on with the issue at hand and he said I had to stop trading with my brother since he is a known scammer and then I'd be able to have my SR Scammer tag removed, I denied it. He is my brother and we were both big traders back then and I needed to trade with him and instead of lying to the admin I told him the truth that I would continue trading with him, so I was continued to be tagged as a SR Scammer and also had the note added on my account on Steamrep.

My brother stopped playing Team Fortress 2 months ago, possibly even a year by now and I stopped as well, I want to get back into trading and playing with others, but obviously that isn't possible since all the trading servers ban/kick me for having the SR tag.

I'd very much like to have the tag removed entirely, but I doubt that is possible, so possibly have it lowered to a Caution tag? I completely understand if the tag cannot be removed or changed since it is my fault for refusing to stop trading with a known scammer.

If you require anymore information or clarification then I'd gladly give it.

Thank you for your time,
    -EChondo
  2. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    I was the one that handled this case and I remember it well. Your brother has been a "busy beaver" in the past unfortunately, especially after his scammer tagging. Please list any and ALL alternate accounts you have here, and any and ALL alternate accounts your brother has here. Please be advised that being less than forthcoming with complete information during appeals could result in an immediate denial. Thank you.
  3. EChondo

EChondo New User

Steam:
    Hello Noobinator!

I personally do not have any alternate accounts, I like having only one account to use and keep track of for all the services I sign up for.

I don't know if my brother has any alternate accounts, I asked him and he said he didn't have any. So as far as I know, he doesn't have any alternate accounts either.
  4. EChondo

EChondo New User

Steam:
    I'd just like to bump this thread. I've been busy the past year with work and school and I would like to get this going again since I'd like to get into CS:GO trading and I forgot I even had a scammer tag on my account, so I was reminded when I got banned the other day for joining a trading sub-Reddit.

Thanks for any and all help.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello @EChondo, as you probably know the policy on trading with scammers has been retroactively changed. http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/policy-change-trades-with-scammer-policy-end-of-life.119528/

Reviewing your case, it appears multiple senior admins researched and investigated to confirm you and your brother are 2 separate people so I will respect their findings. Per our policy, we no longer issue tags for trading with scammers, but we do issue tags for brokering and fencing. Because of your unique circumstances, and your prior firm stance on continued trading with your brother (knowingly supporting a scammer) I cannot justify removing your tag at this time. However, because of the retroactive policy change, and your individual circumstances, I will downgrade your tag to a caution with a note remaining on your profile about your endeavor to support your brother through his fraud.

You may re-appeal the caution in 6 months if you remain clean of both scams and dealing with your brother. Per our new policy, a single trade with a scammer is tolerated, but systematic trading with a scammer(s) will be seen as brokering or fencing. With your caution and your documented history of supporting your brother, you will be given little if any benefit of doubt if you continue to support your brother's fraud, and the tag may be returned to a full BANNED status. While you're at it, I'd also recommend you take extreme care to ensure your brother does not gain access to your account under any circumstances.

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #24: Your appeal was granted, what now?