1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    It is best to go ahead and report it.

All confirmed scam reports will be compiled in their list of offenses and can be used during appeals, if an appeal is made.
  2. [DFS] Meemcopter

[DFS] Meemcopter New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45614341
    A friend of mine is having a trouble, its a little complicated...
    So, me and my friends are from a group, we're moderators of it.
    Pirrus borrowed a bill's hat from Gilford, some time after, Gilford wants it back, but Pirrus ignores it, avoiding him (example, leaving group chat when I invite him and changing subjects everytime I talk about it). We have proofs, what should we do?
  3. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Create a report. Not sure if Steam support would do anything about it.
  4. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    Quick question: Am I allowed to tell users to create tickets to Steam Support for users that have been going on massive scamming sprees (An example [see my comment], I'll stop doing this if necessary)?
  5. CanadianInvasion

CanadianInvasion Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11860924
    If anyone gets scammed, SR encourages them to write up a ticket for steam support. At the very least, it puts them on the radar for Valve to subsequently trade ban them.
  6. I'm a noob

I'm a noob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:49758774
    I will just make it short and sweet:
    1. Where it says special reputation on a players profile page is it possible to get a "good" reputation easily (I ask because I want to start paypal trading)
    2. I have a friend who cannot use tf2outpost because he is marked as a spycrab spammer and he wanted me to contact someone he saw on outpost to tell them he was selling an unusual for cheap. Is there any reason I could get in trouble for doing that?
  7. CanadianInvasion

Steam:
    1. "Green Tags" are reserved for the following
    1) SR Admins
    2) Community Associate Admins (Tagging communities, each has their own admin application process)
    3) SOP Trusted Sellers (Requires at least 50 selling reps from 25 different people on SourceOP, plus 5 members of the group must vouch you in)
    4) Approved Middlemen (SR Middleman is a legacy tag and is no longer given out, other communities have their own requirements)

Those are the only four ways to be granted such reputation on SR.
    For the bulk of traders, most use rep threads for cash trading (one of the more popular places is http://forums.sourceop.com/forum/ but be sure to read their rules before starting one).

2. Contact Outpost admins for that issue, as it relates to that specific website.
    You Are The One likes this.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    We only tag those that are blatantly obvious. Any other has problems in investigation of truth behind the claims.

See point 2: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/expanded-faq-recommended.7263/#post-98205

also, cd keys are impossible to check for once used, you can't determine WHO used it.
  9. McCreW

McCreW New User

Is there anyway to change your name on the forums?
    I would like to change it to:
    Sir.Crew [SCT-A]
  10. CanadianInvasion

Steam:
    No
  11. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    no, the user cannot change their name on the forum, for a number of reasons. And we have a policy of not changing it.

There have been VERY FEW exceptions, but those involved removing of group tags instead of adding tags.
  12. McCreW

McCreW New User

Ok thanks.
  13. Chi[A]RA

Chi[A]RA New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67696394
    How to add the reputation for a player? anyone?
  14. CanadianInvasion

Steam:
  15. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    1. Spycrab running is considered scamming as the runner did not go through with an agreement. If that's the case, why isn't this considered scamming?

2. Fake profile rep is also considered scamming. What would happen if a bunch of people (who I've never seen in my life) decided to give +reps on my profile while I was asleep? Does this mean I get tagged?
  16. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Because there is no agreement there. The guy never promised anything to anyone, he had a wishlist and encouraged people to fulfill it.

You would be the victim in this situation, those giving your rep could be eligible for being tagged.
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    also, on #2, that is easy to prevent by only allowing friends to comment on your profile.
    Xenophobia likes this.
  18. NinjaNick

NinjaNick New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37308762
    Has anyone ever made a report then the scammer returns the item? And if they did, what do you guys do?
  19. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Yes that has happened. The user that originally scammed the items is still marked as a scammer due to the untrustworthy actions they performed. However, all SR scammer tags are able to be appealed. In most cases though a scammer is paying the victim back as a way to attempt to evade a tag when caught.
  20. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    When appealing, paying back to the victim is one of the requirements. If not paid back, that kills their chance on their tag appeal. This is why everybody should report, so the total and value can be established what they would have to be paid back.

It does matter WHEN and HOW a scammer pays back. If we have to prod them multiple times and spend a lot of time on it to get it done is a way different case then that one returned the items right away after. Ofc variations are there, but it will be taken into account.