1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Site

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by HissTheHeavy, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Giving items away is not help.

I am afraid that you are not fully aware of things related to your idea.

Anyway,
    There is no such thing.
    Ask Steam.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  2. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Your idea is horrible. Let me list all the reasons why this is a bad idea.

1. You're encouraging scammers to make false reports. Even if you denied the fake victum in the end, you put more work on steamrep because the scammer believed he could get a free key out of you.
    2. You're encouraging victums to stay stupid. "I've been scammed, help me! | Ooh, a free key..thx | *2 weeks later.... | Uh, I've been scammed again, can I get another key?"
    Stupid traders need to be punished or they'll never learn!
    3. You'll go completely broke every single day. There's an insane amount of reports, and if you give key(s) to every victum, you'll go broke fast.

Please don't make this site, it will do way more harm then good!

You want to help the victums, see if you can find a way to convince a scammer to give back the items they stole.
  3. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    There is a point in being firm with someone and a point in being harsh and rude. You sir have crossed that line.

Victims are not always stupid traders, and by no means should a victim have to be punished to learn. However I have already stated several times in this thread that victims shouldn't be given positive reinforcement in the form of free items to them for being scammed. As that will prevent them from learning. Instead they should be shown the error of their ways and be taught so that they truly can learn from a negative experience by giving it a positive spin.
  4. HissTheHeavy

HissTheHeavy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56480850
    Guking, I have already made this site...
    1) and 3) As much as I would like it, this site is never going to be as big as SteamRep.
    2) The victim can only have a key the first time scammed. Then they get help and advice to help them get back into trading.
    Thomas, I meant SteamRep.
    Penguin, I understand your points. If they are scammed from an unusual, 1 key might help them build up to that again. We would give them help and advice, find them good trades via a site I know that finds offers and just help them get back into trading.
  5. HissTheHeavy

HissTheHeavy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56480850
    New requirements:
    SteamRep report must have been accepted for 1 month.
    Steam account must be 1 year+ old and have more than 50 hours on a game (and have paid games on their account).
    Then they are eligible for a key and advice. Any who don't meet the requirements qualify for advice and help and stuff.
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    New Requirement:
    Leech off some other sites forums or make your own.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.