1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Will I be unable to buy items in steam market for 7 days, if I added funds using steam gift card?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by DJRockstar, Nov 22, 2013.

1. DJRockstar

DJRockstar New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28358581
    I bought funds or steam wallet funds before using my paypal account and I bought some items in the steam "market" 2 days ago.

Now, Im trying to buy a steam "gift" card because I don't want to put money in my card basically.

Does anyone know if using a Steam gift card to add funds to my wallet will also lock me out of the market for 7 days? also is it considered as a new payment method?

I just need some clarification

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  3. DJRockstar

DJRockstar New User

Steam:
    :confused: Now im really confuse.. haha
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    I think you have the steam prepay cards (gift cards) mixed up with regular steam wallet credit that is loaded onto your account from within the steam client.
  5. DJRockstar

DJRockstar New User

Steam:
    So will I get a 7 day wait, If I do that?
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Activating a steam prepay card (gift card) should not affect your ability to trade or use the market any differently then your steam account is able to do now (no additional cool-down period) It activates similar to a CD key for a game. http://store.steampowered.com/account/redeemwalletcode/
    DJRockstar likes this.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    /me picks up his jaw from the floor.
    DARKLY | Jakk likes this.