1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198001031178 - (sNy [2725] / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Naked Bistro, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Naked Bistro

Naked Bistro New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:2840807
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198001031178 (sNy [2725])

Victim profile: 76561197965947342

What happened? Description:
    Made two successful PayPal trades with him for Keys and 5 Bills Hats and then he bolted on a Strange Gunslinger & Machina deal. He had decent SourceOP rep (better than me at least) and he had paid for two other transactions already so seemed trustworthy.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence provided in the attached files - agreement was made to buy the Gunslinger & Machina for the amount stated, then he bailed after they were sent. Inventory History shows who I traded to.​

Attached Files:

2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Can you please provide:
    a) pictures of the whole chat window
    b) pictures of PayPal showing that you did not receive the payment (Log in to the PayPal account, then choose View all operations on my account)
    c) pictures of your inventory history showing it in the Steam browser, please do include all history from the day of scam
  3. Naked Bistro

Naked Bistro New User

Steam:
    I've already closed the chat window, thought that would be enough? And you can see that I've traded to him in the inventory history. I have saved the text of the entire conversation but it's not in a screenshot.

The PayPal history shows our various transactions. I initially sold him 5 Bills Hats for the $50 charge at the start, which he added an extra $3 fee on for afterwards when it had come out of my share. Then he bought 35 keys for the £41 charge, and then he bailed on the 3rd sale and fee on the previous sale. He attached a message in the key sale that confirmed his Steam account identity and that he would not chargeback, although we'll see how that pans out. Do you need anything else?

Attached Files:

4. Naked Bistro

Naked Bistro New User

Steam:
    Also, he set his backpack to private while he was getting rid of the Gunslinger & Machina and now they're gone. Not sure how I would be able to find them now?
  5. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Please take pictures of the whole windows. Pictures cannot be cropped.
  6. Naked Bistro

Naked Bistro New User

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    As for the screenshots you recently provided:
    a) Picture of inventory history does not indicate that the trade occurred (it is probably a Steam bug), please take another one.
    b) PayPal screenshot shows the recent activity, but I asked you to log in to the PayPal account, then choose View all operations on my account. Please take another one.
  8. Naked Bistro

Naked Bistro New User

Steam:
    Oops, sorry about that. Didn't even see the inventory history didn't display properly. This one shows it.

Attached Files:

9. Naked Bistro

Naked Bistro New User

Steam:
    Just in case the crop is a problem on the PayPal, here it is in the window.

Attached Files:

10. Naked Bistro

Naked Bistro New User

Steam:
    Additionally, here's his post in my SourceOP rep thread where he mentions the Bills trade. As you can see he is also banned there, although how that happened so fast I'm not sure. Automatic when accused on here?

Attached Files:

11. Frost-Seupoj

Frost-Seupoj New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29854057
    mate this guy is on a scamming spree he scammed me also out