1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198098592041 - (FallenSnow / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by PPM | Bexar, Dec 24, 2013.

1. PPM | Bexar

PPM | Bexar Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34685287
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198098592041 (FallenSnow)

Victim profile: 76561198098592041

What happened? Description:
    After not using steam for around 2 years, I got a new laptop and decided to play again. As I do not have very many games, I thought TF2 would be good since it is free, and my friends talk alot about it.

I realized I needed some metal to get started, and I had recently received some gift money. I found this user, "FallenSnow" on the TF2-Trader website. Being out of the TF2 loop for a few years, I forgot to check rep, but it wouldn't have mattered. The user claimed to be getting out of the game, and said he was selling keys for $1.75 USD. After I added him, we started chatting and he seemed friendly enough. We settled for a mix of some refined metals, some keys, and a Bill's hat for a total of $25 USD. Seeing that he had some good comments on his profile, I said I would send the money to his email first(shown in one of the pictures). He said it was good, and I went ahead and sent the payyment, via my verified PayPal.

From this point on, things went drastically down hill. He said he had to "go take a shower", and later he went online and offline throughout a period of 10 minutes. When I asked him what the deal was, he said he "had to switch computers". I became a little weary, and told him "look, we need to trade now, I want my items". I tried to reason logically with him, and said that since I had paid, it was fair he give me the items now. He, after many minutes of being "Away", responded saying he really needed $2 and around 15 cents (hard to remember). I got a bit upset inside, and kindly told him that I wouldn't do that. He then said very forcefully something like "give me it now". I said no, and I would have to report him if he failed to comply. He then went offline, changed his username to "Glowingmoon", changed his profile picture, and blocked communications from me.

At this point, I panicked. I tried desperately to take a screenshot of the chatlog and his username (at the time I didn't know it would be easy to find him. I did not know how to take a screenshot, and at this time since he had blocked communications, my chat with him closed.
    I sent both PayPal and Valve an email, Valve never responded, and PayPal just keeps sending me automatic emails about opening a dispute. I got very frusturated, but by a stroke of luck, I remembered that I could hit the "back" arrow to where I viewed user's profiles and such. BAM! there he was.

The only evidence I could gather was from mine and his inventories. The date this occurred on was 15 December 2013. As seen from the pictures I will include, there is no drastic drop in his backpack. In mine, there is no drastic climb. I would have recieved close to 60-70 items, and thus I think this would warrent a sharp drop/climb. On 16 December 2103, my real-life friend (user: Bobsmakerz) gave me a bunch of is items, as he did not play anymore (moved on to other games). None of these items were even worth a whole lot, but it was nice to have extra weapons and such, but the problem is that it throws off the graph a bit.

This is all I can remember, and I have tried my hardest to put together a detailed report. In my case, all I want is my money back, but I don't think this would be possible. If justice is served, it would be very satisfying and bring closure to me. The best case scenario would be for him to give me my items back! Anyhow, I have also emailed him (his email is shown in the pictures), but with no response.

I am very disappointed by this user, and wish to see justice served properly.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 40267 View attachment 40268
    Notice the user's item count doesn't change much throughout Nov 13 to Dec 13, and my trade took place on the 15th of December. If the trade hade taken place, his items count would have gone down drastically. The $25 as agreed on, is pictured. The .01 was supposed to be a lighthearted joke, as things seemed to be going well.

The next pictures of me showing how he has me blocked. Also shown is how he changes his profile name and background, from then and now. (Maybe he has scammed others?)

View attachment 40269
    Here is right after he scammed me.
    Here is today: (or rather this week), notice changed background profile pic, and name.
    View attachment 40270

Next up: His many usernames
    View attachment 40271
    As of today
    View attachment 40272
    Lastly, how he has me blocked. I cannot add him as a friend, nor can I comment on his profile.
    View attachment 40273
    Also to note, his background here with that compared to above, or currently. You can barely see it, it was a orange glowing thing with a character from some game on either side.
    View attachment 40274
    Oh! One more thing. Look at his "267" items owned, then now it is over 270. A true "person quitting" would not gain items!​

Attached Files:

2. PPM | Bexar

PPM | Bexar Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34685287
    I also forgot to add, I tried to ask Steam/Valve for a chat log, but got no reply.