1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Stupid SteamRep.com

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ecko*, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecko*

ecko* New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6829236
    Hi,

so i got scammed, bacause take a look to this page and it shows me no Problem with user

After i got scammed i come here again and search about this Steam ID. More then 4 other people get scammed by this guy to, but he still have positive rep, so whats the sence of this page????

No sence! Stupid SteamRep
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Definitely search the forums as well (bold link on every profile). CD-key scams are very hard to prove and we have stopped processing those for now, due to the backlog we have. Yet if you are trying to do CD-Key trades, we recommend you search the forums.

We're continuing to work on our backlog and sorry to hear you got scammed by that guy.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I would like to throw out that the lack of a scam/caution tag is not "positive rep". Profiles of users w/o any tags simply say "No special reputation". Never regard lack of a tag as being positive rep.
    Mattie! likes this.
  4. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    It isn't our fault that you were scammed.
    NinjaNick and Horse like this.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    In general we advice to NOT trade for Game CD Keys. Its something else to trade with a reputable trader, or somebody you know very well (personal friends, family, ppl you have in friends for years and talk a lot with, etc) but with strangers with no special rep, its a gamble.

Apart from the possibility to be scammed, there is the issue of somebody knowing information about a activated game on your steam account. Which may run into issues with hijacking possibilities (see: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-qdfn-4366 ). So that is the 2nd reason why we are against such trades.

Then also, once a dispute on a CD key develops, there is NO way to verify who activated a CD key:
    - Cannot see if "victim" or "scammer" has activated it.
    - Cannot try the CD key, for if the "victim's" steam is not accepting, then it would be activated on the party that tries it, which runs into other problems for that person. Admins are advised by SR to NEVER do so.
    - Even if the game or DLC was not activated on either the "victim's" or the "scammer's" account, there is no way to tell if either had activated it on a alternate account.

The very rare cases we accept such reports is that such report is without any doubt and very clear that the person tried to scam, which is maybe less then 1 % of all those reports, hence we do not waste our time processing such reports atm due other reports being deemed more important and a better return on the effort.

CD-Keys are PRIVATE, and for the owner of the key to use on their own account. They have the Proof of Purchase (CD key label), nobody else.

Its not for nothing that Humble Bundle now requires to be logged on to steam to activate their games on steam. This is to prevent that ppl are trading those CD-keys individually.
    Sjru likes this.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Sjru likes this.
  7. ICEunicorn

ICEunicorn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:72649993
    No sence! Stupid SteamRep! I trade with high rep middleman but also scammed!
  8. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    You getting scammed is not SteamRep's fault. And nice job bumping an old thread just to throw out insults.
    ForteSP likes this.
  9. ICEunicorn

ICEunicorn New User

Steam:
    First, this is not old thread, someone just "like" it. Second, getting scammed is not SteamRep's fault, but getting scammed from a high rep middleman is steamrep's fault
  10. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    Tell me, were you scammed be a middleman or an impersonator?
  11. ICEunicorn

ICEunicorn New User

Steam:
    by a middleman
  12. Mr. Valentine

Mr. Valentine New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50959178
    Instead of throwing wild accusations, make a valid report. Including your trade history that shows the "trade" with the middle man. Provide sufficient evidence instead of just useless slander that won't go far.
  13. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    I assume we are talking about the same person you accused in this thread. Are you 100% sure you traded the real Jerry? I'm gonna say the same thing as Mattie, check your inventory history and click the name on the trade in question. Post it here and we'll see who you actually traded.
  14. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    I highly doubt Jerry scammed you. Locking this thread since you needlessly bumped this after already opening a thread on the subject.
    ForteSP and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.