1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to get your gifts/items back (Revoke scammers)

Discussion in 'SteamRep Guides' started by GHoST61, May 22, 2012.

1. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

ehm, "Valve isn't too forgiving when it comes to paypal scams" isn't entirely correct. Valve cannot SUPPORT them, for it involves a 3rd party. Really, honesty is always better. Now you "traded" the unusual for near "nothing", and Valve isn't suspecting or knowing its paypal involved? pfff
    Dronefly likes this.
  2. Scoot

Scoot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47578588
    If a middle-man scammed me, will I get my items back? Im very desperate.
  3. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I'm quite sure you mean a fake MM.... Make a report, for this is way too much lacking in details to give any solid based advice.
  4. *FTW* F2P N00B

*FTW* F2P N00B New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59911102
  5. Aitchy

Aitchy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37429141
    I got 2 games from someone through steam trading, 2 days later they got removed from my inventory

23 tf2 keys i traded for them inside the trade window

contacted steam support and they told me I quote " We will not be returning your items and you should be more carefull when trading in future"

Here is my case

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198057665169-❤sial.28343/

Really?

I replied to them as anyone would and also opened another ticket but they are refusing to give me back my items

Any help would be appreciated
  6. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    I would do what I do in other customer service situations. Open a new ticket and request an appeal from scratch. Insist that you are a cautious trader and that you have no connection with the person who defrauded you nor do you have any way of knowing if an item was purchased legitimately or not. State also that you have abided by all their rules and should not be penalized for following the trade guidelines (be sure to read them thoroughly before you post this and make sure you adhered to them). Could have just got a rep having a bad day who decided you were some scammer alt or whatever. people are people and if you dont get the results you want try again. just remember to remain professional, polite and patient. Thats all anyone asks.
  7. Aitchy

Aitchy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37429141
    dronefly yeah thats exactly what i did, took a few weeks but i got my keys back
  8. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    glad it worked out for you :)
  9. Hi i have one big problem , player put on tf2tp (trading post) you know the site , trading forum , summer shades and note he sell this when he take gift wrap wrapped it and then he sell for price , i give him gift wrap and then he delete me from friends other words he scam me on gift wrap i write to steam support about whole case when did it hapend and whole ditales and i put 5 screneshots his profile ,his trade on tf2tp ,our steam chat about trade ,steam rep witch i found on this site and i name my problem "Stolen Item Gift Wrap " in right place on steam support and i send my message twice and they send me answer about this first :

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

For complete information regarding trading cards please visit the following FAQ:
    http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq

If you believe you are missing cards from any games or the Summer Sale please view the progress of your badge by doing the following:

1) Navigate to your Badges page ( http://steamcommunity.com/my/badges )
    2) Locate the game in question and click the "How do I earn card drops?" link

Note that you do not receive credit for Summer Sale cards if you purchase in-game items with Wallet Credit. Further information about the Summer Sale Badge and Summer Sale Cards can be found here:
    http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/summerfaq/

Steam Support is unable to grant any cards to your account.

Further information can also be found on the Steam Community with the following guide:

Understanding Steam Trading Cards
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145245037

If the above information does not answer your question please let us know and we will be glad to assist you further.

and then when i write to steam support once again secound :

Hello,

The Steam Summer Sale trading card promotion has ended.

All cards that have been dropped have been given to all users on Steam.

Steam Support is unable to grant trading cards.

If you wish you can continue to craft the Summer Sale Badge by purchasing or trading for the Summer Sale cards.

For more information on this please visit the following FAQ:
    http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/summerfaq/

And they close my problem and i open again im doing something wrong ?
    Please HELP .I know its only 1 item but still .
    Thank you.
  10. He has ofcource scamer rep on this site , and now his steam profile does not exist , i figure it out 2 days after he scam me but his profile do not exist 1 week after he stole my gift wrap he was banned from steam or he cheange steam id or something ?
  11. I am steam player from years and i think "wtf" plase help .
  12. I want only my Gift Wrap back and cut filthy thief fingers out thats all.
    Kindest Regards.
  13. When i send fifth message they send me this , what can i do with this ? My Gift Wrap never get back to me ???

" I apologize for the confusion. Please disregard the previous responses.

As you have agreed upon the trade by confirming it multiple times, we will be unable to recover any items/gifts that have been traded.

During the trade, the system has you verify and re-verify it if any changes are made to the trade. It is your responsibility to ensure you are receiving the correct items/gifts at the time of accepting the trade.

We will investigate this user and take appropriate action. Please note that you will not receive a notification about any action taken as a result of this report.

Some examples of trades that you should not agree to are:

- Trading items/gifts for money outside of the Steam Community Market
    - Trading items/gifts for CD keys
    - Trading items/gifts and expecting them to be returned to you through a verbal agreement
    - Trading items/gifts for nothing in return in the first trade and expecting to get an item or gift in a later trade

Follow the link below for more information on the Community Market:
    http://steamcommunity.com/market/

For more information on our Steam Trading Policy please visit the following FAQ:
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9958-MJDG-3003 "

Anyone can help me ?
    This whole situation was through the web site TF2TP Trading Post http://tf2tp.com/ and i sedn to steam support screenshots of trade i was scamed and 4 more screenshots.
  14. ~~K~~

~~K~~ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44768441
    If a scammer impersonate my friend by changing the name and icon same with my friend that in steam then cheat my items go and without give me b anything. Can i report to steam to get back my items. I was use my own pocket money to buy the items and now all gone. I was very sad and don't what to do to get back my items. Hope someone can help.
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    steam support only gives items back in cases of a hijack, and then only on the first hijack.
  16. Hoodoo Hoodlum ™

Hoodoo Hoodlum ™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52594105
    I just recently bought a copy of DayZ Standalone, It got revoked out of my inventory. Then I made a ticket report, but I still got no respond back? It's been 3/4 days.
  17. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    During busy times, it can take a LONG time for valve to reply to support tickets. It's likely that they're investigating your issue before they reply to you so that they have all the facts at hand before you are contacted. I know it's a pain but have faith that they have your best interest at heart because they've shown (for the most part) that they do, even if it does take a long time.

It does depend case by case though. If you traded for the game using items you're much more likely to get a positive result than if you paid via paypal or other money transfer service. Buying games to bypass country based price restrictions is against the ToS so be aware of that.
  18. Iisus Hristos ツ

Iisus Hristos ツ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41860397
    I've been scammed too by a guy named ObaMa, a dude very reported here on SteamRep for hijacks and scamming, for me he used phished links on add as friend or something like that to scam me and then just entered on my account and sent him a white bill's and 3 keys, today's price of white bill's, 25.01.2014 being almost 7.5 keys, so I lost 10.5 keys worth :(
    Waiting to see what happens... I made a ticket here and on Steam
  19. xJonathan

xJonathan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42010036
    Hey Guys,
    I was just wondering, on TF2Outpost, are there actual games on sale that are legit and don't get revoked?
    I spent ~$15 buying keys to trade and lost a lot through steam transactions and now i'm wondering if it's better to just buy the game.
    The game I was looking for was Rust on TF2Outpost is 6 keys and my game got revoked.
    Respond by a PM or steam message @ xJonathan please.
    Thank you.
  20. Black Market Merchant[BD]

Black Market Merchant[BD] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43149231
    few moths ago i traded 3 revoked cs go copies and reported to steam support after they are missing from my inventory.steam returned my items.unfortunately i traded like 50 cs go copies recently which was fraudulently purchased.so i reported to steam again and they replied like this,
    "Hello Imran,

We apologize for the delay.

The games you received via trade were purchased fraudulently and removed from your account.

Since we have recently restored items lost in a similar trade, we will be unable to restore any items in this case.

As stated previously, please be more careful when trading. "
    Now is there any policy that they wont restore items second time?what can i do now?maybe it is the end of my steam trading.