1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198088077726 - (Aright i got u Bra / [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by JDaze, Jan 15, 2014.

1. JDaze

JDaze New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38383602
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198088077726 (Aright i got u Bra)

Victim profile: 76561198037032933

What happened? Description:
    I came across his advert on 8/1/14 at around 3:45am GMT on CSLounge.com, where he was wanting to trade/sell an M9 Bayonet for real cash. I replied optimistically saying I would send him $50/£30 real cash via PayPal. He added me on Steam and said he would accept the offer. I asked him for his PayPal email address, which he replied stating it was "[email protected]". I said I was only going to send the money via a goods transfer as I wanted to have a leg to stand on if he was infact a scammer, I also asked if he was fine with the fees being removed on his end. He replied saying he was fine with both. However, once I sent the $50 PayPal payment to him, he replied to me on Steam chat saying he was unhappy with the -$2.75 fee and requested that I sent him that to make the full $50 before he would trade the knife with me. I complied and sent the remaining $2.75 to his PayPal as a gift this time to ensure he did receive the full amount of the offer.

As soon as I had sent the full amount to him via PayPal he went offline immediately on Steam and on Skype. I was patient and messaged him a few times asking what was happening and when the trade was going to happen. There was no real reply, all I got was an excuse saying his internet wasn't refreshing on PayPal and he couldn't see the $2.75 I had sent him, yet he had no troubles seeing the $50 I had sent 2 minutes previously. Within about 5 minutes after the entire payment being sent he removed me and blocked communications on Steam, and then did the same on Skype. I am unable to get the Steam chat logs due to him removing me which isn't good. However, I do have the Skype chat logs where some details were communicated.

I have links to some of his profiles if that helps, including his CSLounge profile. However, he has now removed all of his adverts on his CSLounge profile.

http://csgolounge.com/profile?id=76561198088077726
    http://steamrep.com/search?q=http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088077726
    http://play.esea.net/users/605791
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088077726#730

Provide Evidence:
    The evidence I do have is PayPal payments made, and a Skype chat log. That is all I'm afraid as, as I said previously, he has removed me on Steam preventing me from getting chat logs on it and has also removed his CS Lounge trading ad.

I've attached the screenshots of the payments made via PayPal, and also of the Skype conversation. There is also the Skype chat log in a text file, incase that helps.

If there's anything additional I may be able to provide please let me know.

Thank you.​

Attached Files:

2. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30535511
    Did you close the steam chat or is it still open? Also was it in the Skype chatlog that most of the agreement was made or is there other information that was discussed between you and the accused in the Steam chat that we should know off? We also require a screenshot of your trade history showing that you did not trade with this person.
  3. JDaze

JDaze New User

Steam:
    The Steam chat was closed. I wasn't aware at the time that I couldn't check the logs or else I would have saved them then and there. There was about the same amount of chat done in the Steam client as the Skype client. I'm not sure why he wanted my Skype and why he was messaging on both at the same time, I did think it was strange at the time but I went along with it. There wasn't anything said or agreed in there that hasn't already been mentioned though. I've attached screenshots of my Steam inventory history going back to before the event.

Attached Files:

4. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    Can you provide the trade history (uncropped showing the full tab) around that particular day?
  5. JDaze

JDaze New User

Steam:
    Sorry. I think that's my trade history showing now in this screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

• th1.png
      th1.png
      File size:
      306.6 KB
      Views:
  6. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    Allright, now all we need is a screenshot of your Paypal history (use the tab wich says All Activity, not Recent).
  7. JDaze

JDaze New User

Steam:
    I've attached a screenshot of all my activity. If you check the payment2.jpg and payment3.jpg images in my original post they show all the details of the money sent.

Attached Files:

8. JDaze

JDaze New User

Steam:
    I received a refund from PayPal today after opening the dispute on the 8/1/14 shortly after it became obvious he had scammed me. Nice to have my $50 back.
  9. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    Thank you, changing to RFR.

Thank you for reporting.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. JDaze

JDaze New User

Steam:
    Any update? Thanks