1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198081746308 - (Cooltiger / [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by The Oatmeal, Jan 30, 2014.

1. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46647607
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198081746308 (Cooltiger)

Victim profile: 76561198053560943

What happened? Description:
    Cooltiger added me to buy my Flip Knife Crimson Web. He offered either steam wallet or paypal. I told him my wallet was full so he agreed on paypal. Asked me to put items in trade window and told me after he sends the money, it will take some time to reach me so he will send me a screenshot of the payment instead. At that point I knew he was going to present a doctored picture of the payment so I agreed to his suggestion. I waited for him to give me the fake picture after which he kept insisting I trade the knife since he has sent the payment. I told him I will trade the knife once I get the payment but he kept saying he is in a hurry and other reasons. When I did not agree, he simply removed me from his list. If he had indeed sent me the money, he would have waited and not delete me instantly. Also as seen in the chat he asked for my full name specifically whereas you don't need the name to send a payment. Its shown after you send the payment automatically.​

Provide Evidence:
    Here is the fake transaction screenie he sent (I have edited my personal details out) [​IMG]
    I have attached the conversation chatlog as well as my latest payment in paypal. There is no sign of his payment being ever sent.​

Attached Files:

2. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    Added one of his friends. He confirmed his other knives have been acquired via scamming as well.

Attached Files:

3. Cooltiger

Cooltiger New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:60740290
    Here is what really happened, I wanted to buy to his knife and he wanted to buy my Normal Flipknife for 70$ paypal I sold it to him and he had charged back- http://i.imgur.com/VJWoRvE.png and took me to negative balance, and I wanted to buy his flip knife crimson web, at the same time I had charged it from the credit card so I figured it might of took it a while so I waited and I told him it would take time and he had scammed me I hadn't attempted anything I just told him it would take a while, and I had called the credit card company and canceled the payment due to him not even giving me the knife and charging back on me in the first place
  4. Cooltiger

Cooltiger New User

Steam:
    That picture, vel doesn't even know me I got those two knives by case and one I bought I haven't ever scammed knives like you had did you charged back on me and got your money back that is why my paypal balance is http://i.imgur.com/VJWoRvE.png
  5. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    Wow cool story bro. But seriously other than photoshop do you have any other skills? Can you provide a chat-log of what you describe happened. You are saying I scammed your knife by charge-backing and after that you still wanted to buy my crimson flip? Your story is as fake as your screenshots you keep posting.
  6. Cooltiger

Cooltiger New User

Steam:
    You blocked me and removed me so how am I suppose to?
  7. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    Firstly I never blocked you, secondly you removed me. And please go to your trade history and provide another fake screenshot of the knife you traded to me. I see you have awesome photoshop skills.
  8. Cooltiger

Cooltiger New User

Steam:
    And on steam trade it says when you trade be warned and I lost money not you, you accepted the trade on steam's trading policies and so did I and you didn't lose anything you gained 70$ from me and I lost 70$ and the knife congrats are you happy know the truth came out!
  9. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    You are just pathetic. Please provide some proof next time. I won't reply anymore to this. I'll let the admins decide.
  10. Cooltiger

Cooltiger New User

Steam:
    Finally, there is no point in this report, you haven't even gotten scammed there was no scamming being done in the first place besides you, just save the admins time this isn't enough proof at all, the knife is still in your hands as well as the money. And You can't just add people on my friends list that you don't even know and he doesn't even know how I got the knives, one I bought and one I opened a case in and especially if he doesn't even know if I had knives he could of easily lied. Vas Insane is a Management member for a garrys mod server I play on, we don't play csgo together nor does he know my affiliation with it either
  11. Cooltiger

Cooltiger New User

Steam:
    And I asked you for your name so to make sure I was sending it to the right person, I was reassuring.
  12. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    Why is there no point of this report? You attempted to scam me which is enough to warrant a scammer tag. Now you are just scared s✿✿✿ because no one reported you in the past and now you are coming up with incoherent defense of your actions.
  13. Cooltiger

Cooltiger New User

Steam:
    Not really
  14. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    Yeah, that's why you moved your 2 knives to alt account? :)
  15. Cooltiger

Cooltiger New User

Steam:
    Gonna keep stalking me, I earned those two knives legitly. Stop stakling my profile you freak
  16. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Hi, please upload a screenshot of your paypal history (all activity).

Also please don't argue on this thread.
  17. The Oatmeal

The Oatmeal New User

Steam:
    You do realise he is trying to divert attention by concocting fake stories? Anyways here's all my payment history till today.

Attached Files:

18. Cooltiger

Cooltiger New User

Steam:
    Clive, no items were lost even he has a his knife I have mine there was no PayPal scam attempt, he had just charged back on a previous knife I had wanted to sell him but I am over it, just close this thread I am not a scammer I am a fair trader
  19. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Thank you, marking as Ready for Review.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  20. Derpy -PoN³-

Derpy -PoN³- New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42969545
    Alright well this guy added me a few days ago and pretty much the exact same thing happened. I agreed that I would give him the knife once he sent me the screenshot. He said it would take only two minutes to reach me, so I went back on my word once he "sent" the payment and I just kept my knife.

He accused me of scamming, and now he's saying that his credit card is pending and that the money will come in a few days, and we can trade then.

Seems pretty fishy, which sucks since I could have used the extra cash from that knife.