1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198073043860 - (ᴾᴾᴹ Mr. Badger / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by 404UserNotFound, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28177988
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198073043860 (ᴾᴾᴹ Mr. Badger)

Victim profile: 76561198016621705

What happened? Description:
    I recently unboxed an Unusual Cosa Nostra Cap with the Disco Beat Down effect, and was glad to find it was valued at 5.01 - 6.21 buds via the Backpack.tf plugin. So I listed the hat on TF2Outpost.

I admit, I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to the unusual market, or the TF2 market in general. I'm not a very big trader. Mr. Badger was the only person to respond to the posting and stated the following:

Now because I'm not a big trader, I admittedly fell for his remarks and went through with the trade. Gave him +rep on his profile, as he did for me.

A little while later, I see that he's re-listed the Unusual Cosa Nostra Cap on TF2Outpost and is asking 5.5 buds for it.

I'm not sure whether this would be considered scamming or sharking, or if it would even result in a Scammer label for Mr. Badger, but something should be done about this so other people don't fall for his lies in the future.​

Provide Evidence:
    http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/17737018 - Read the comments.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/17737522 - Mr. Badger, relisting the Unusual Cosa Nostra I traded him, asking 5.5 after screwing me over by lying about how I wasn't going to get 5.5 for it.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,2335627970 - The hat's history, showing I was the first owner of the hat.​
  2. 404UserNotFound

Steam:
    Oh, I forgot to mention that he's also blocked me from commenting on his relisting of the hat which indicates to me that he purposely lied to me to make a profit, and doesn't want me posting on it.
  3. Mr. Badger™

Mr. Badger™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56389066
    Yes I blocked you because you were posting on my other trade without reason, I blocked everyone else on the tricorne page when the commented un-needily about my signs, there was no need for you to even comment there, that is what got you blocked. I offered you 3 buds pure, there is no reason you had to take this, no need, no requirement. I offered what I felt was a good price on the hat with room for profit yet you got exactly what you wanted. "Just because a website values it as 5.5 doesn't mean it always goes for 5.5, you said you were looking for a max head and bigkill combo, I offered 3 buds so you could get it. You don't always have to rely on a website for the value of your hat pure is prettyhard to come by nowadays" Just because you are heavily reliant on backpack.tf and it may value your hat at 5.5 buds(an outdated price as well) again does not mean it is going to go for 5.5 buds every time. I set my buy out at 5.5 buds in pure or unusuals, would I take less then 5.5? Absolutely. The statement I made was not a lie, pure is not the easiest thing to achieve and your hat does not sell for exactly 5.5 buds every time there is a sale. How dare you even call me a liar and post that i bullshitted you on my trade, how is that bullshit it is the truth?

To think my reeputation is at risk for buying a quicksell, I am allowed to list a hat at whatever I feel fit, you didn't even have to take my offer. Sorry that i didn't spend 6 buds on your hat so I could keep it and cherish it forever. I offered you 3 buds and this is where we are at.
  4. 404UserNotFound

Steam:
    First off, you block people for leaving comments regarding those signs you put up? Jesus christ, why. In regards to the signs, any sane person would believe you were also offering them and really, who wastes time and effort making a group of signs that says "THIS" "HAT" "WILL" "MAKE" "YOUR" "PENIS" "BIGGER"?

Secondly, I was asked to hold onto the Cosa Nostra Cap by a friend who said he was going to save up 5 buds so he could buy it from me. I decided to list it on the Outpost to see what offers I'd get. After finalizing the trade with you (a stupid f✿✿✿✿✿✿ mistake, looking back on it), and alerting my friend to the fact that I sold the hat to you for 3 buds, a few minutes later he alerted me to the fact that you had quickly relisted the hat and were asking 5.5 for it. Upon attempting to comment on the listing to find out what gives, I see that I've been blocked from commenting on the listing.

Look at it from my point of view. I bought into your pure bullshit and stupidly sold you the hat for 3 buds. Shortly after, you re-list it and state you're looking for 5.5 pure or unusuals. Allow me to quote this: Or I can sell the cosa for 5.5 in pure/unusuals. You mention nowhere in the listing that you'd "take lower offers", instead choosing to put emphasis on 5.5 in pure/unusuals.

I am alerted to this which results in me finding out I've been banned from commenting on the listing (because why would I have known you had blocked me for leaving a rather polite comment on your signs at the time which is god damned ✿✿✿✿✿✿ed on your part). To me, this screams "the guy f✿✿✿ed me out of full value in order to make a profit off of me, and blocked me from commenting because he knows what he did was f✿✿✿ed up".

As well, I saw your response to my comment on your trade, and I feel the need to correct your atrocious spelling. It's "You're", not "Your". "You're" = "You" + "are". Say it out loud.
  5. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Not a scam.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.