1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Aces Gamer

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by T-Virus, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-Virus

T-Virus Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20848740
    I just want to point out this.

RenimCat said:
    Also.. This. http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1838/83290026.png

Abusing your powers much?​
    That's a very biased section of a very old conversation that fredbread edited to make me look bad.

Now, I'm still waiting for any proof as to where I scammed someone. As far as I know, you don't own the name "Renimcat".

- Aces Gamer
    ---------------------------------------------
    This was a flat out lie. I can't believe he just said this.
    D2Girls likes this.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Why is this brought here? The disputes between admins and their players aren't really anything SteamRep can do anything about unless (a) it involves SteamRep or (b) it involves scamming.

Yes, this isn't the way I would want to see an admin react, but the fellow "conveniently" provided only a very narrow snapshot into the conversation.

Keep in mind, Ace runs his own servers and he really has every right not to welcome rude people to his own servers. I don't know the story for the MCT and TF2T servers, though, that's up to those admins.

Anyway, this isn't really appropriate for SteamRep unless it falls into the categories I mentioned earlier. Maybe SourceOp's flame forum is a better place to post random dirt on random people?
  3. polyvore

polyvore Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41853675
  4. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    I don't get what the lie is.

This is 100%. As polyvore said, he only included the first 5 lines of the conversation. Full conversation can be read here:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/reporting-acesgamer.4621/

I didn't scam anyone.

Let me quote JJJJ, an actual SteamRep admin on this.

How is this a lie, I honestly don't understand.
    Dave the Manly likes this.
  5. D2Girls

D2Girls New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17721741
    I love these threads. But for the wrong reasons. lol
  6. dragonhuman

dragonhuman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25985902
    If I may offer my opinion on this whole matter, I am basing my opinion solely on the topics provided on steamrep.

I would like to start and say that first off for any accusations of scamming/ spy crab running there would need to be proof. Of which since none was provided and another user said that he had run from the spycrab, no proof has been provided so we shall discount this.

However onto the whole of impersonating, even if it was done in the presence of other admins who knew about it an impersonation still took place. Although if there was any attempt to scam someone is unknown to me. It could also be noted that an attempt at slandering renim's name could be there, the admin side seems to acknowledge it as a joke and it is in a way hurtful and someone could perceive it an a way that would be harmful to renim's reputation.

I would like to point that part of the reasons why scammers are tagged is as an advisement, they have scammed on the past do they could just as easily scam in the future. The same applies to impersonators and attempted scams of any type. It does not guarantee that they will, might, or might not in the future.

Do I think Aces should be marked as a scammer? No, as no scam or attempted scam or serious slander actions took place. Do I think a caution should be in place? Maybe, it depends on how the steamrep admins view it/ there rules state. Do I think this should be looked into? Yes, it is shown that Aces has no problems with impersonating some other people, whether or not other people were aware doesn't matter.

I would like to point out that if I went onto a server, talked a little bit (so people knew who I was) and then changed my name to an admin of the server and another admin was on I would most likely be immediantly banned and reported to steamrep as an impersonator. Now obviously changing the name to an admin is a serious offense, but I'm just using it as an example.

And just to say these are my opinions/ observations on the matter. As a disclaimer I can be empathetic at times, but can also perceive things wrongly in this way.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I remember that he renamed himself... that wasn't a long time where he was looking for a "victim" or w/e.

I do have a new angle to look at:
    As Acesgamer is a recognized admin on SR, with having green Admin tags on the SR site, he's recognized as a real admin. Even if he temporarily changes his outlook to a different admin, the reputation would not be really impersonating, for a admin impersonating another admin with SR tags... that doesn't match a normal account to abuse the rep of a real admin.

Now for the accusation. I dont think it was a handy thing to do, but I too am going to dismiss it, for reasons stated before, and for what I wrote above.

The quotation of JJJ by Aces is correct, while steamrep has influence in scammer tags etc, still any community can ban any player for reasons they desire. We only ask responsibility in banning for scamming reasons, ie: gather evidence, real investigating reports and appeals on their validity etc. It has happened in the past that in extreme cases Steamrep overruled scammer bans, but these are very rare, for as far as I know there are maybe 1 or 2 cases. So far our screening before accepting groups tags, monitoring of those groups have paid off to us that these problems (almost) do not appear. We take it very seriously to give those tags, and have sometimes even heated arguments between SR admins on requests of those. If there is doubt on such, we do NOT give the "benefit of the doubt", for that is outside the principle.
    We do recognize that admins on their servers want to keep order, and that those settled rules for their servers where they even may abide to, but if a server admin says somebody is banned for xxx, then it is their good right.

Nowhere we (steamrep) took over those communities. its still their own community. It is their concern on how they run the community, not ours. We simply provide a service in scammer matters, and have some requirements in place regarding scammers on the communities that carry tags.

I consider this matter now closed.

@Aces, warn me or another SR admin if this keeps popping up, then we may take action upon it.
  8. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Thanks. I'd also like to point out that no one seemed to have checked my name history. This "impersonation" lasted for 1 minute.
    From May 29th, 2012 @ 1:36am to May 29th, 2012 @ 1:37am
    I'd also mention that Fredbread has been spamming that conversation snippet everywhere, resulting me in getting banned from TF2TP yesterday for the reason "running from a spycrab", which is 100% untrue.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Create a thread in the admins subforum, to discuss.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.