1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Guy on youtube admits he scammed for a full page of his backpack, bannable?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Brad Pitt, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt Backpack.tf founder

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42768607
    No proof, just a video of him saying at the beginning that he scammed the items in his backpack.

| steamname: Natorade
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:63505263
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087276254
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198087276254

Is him admitting on a video that he scammed for some items enough to warrant a ban? In the comments of the video you can see he posted he sharked an unusual and wants to post video guides on how to shark.
  2. @NaG4

@NaG4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36765938
    Not without proof.
  3. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Or he sharked it and he likes to call it a scam.
    Ask him for proof in exchange to promote his channel, but instead use that proof to get him banned ;)
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't feel that it is anyone's place to go around and try to entrap or push someone to prove they did anything. Unless the victim reports it then it should be left as is - now you can find the victim and if they have proof you can let them know they can report it to not only here at SR but more importantly to Valve.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Horsedick is right that it's nobodies place to go around asking a scammer for proof. It's up to the victim to report the scam as SR doesn't accept third party reports of any kind.

As for ban-able, in your own community you can ban the alleged offender for whatever reason you wish but SR probably won't ban based on that video alone. A confession isn't enough evidence on it's own for a tag for a couple of reasons.

• The user could have been pressured into confessing through nasty behaviour or peer pressure.
    • The user might think it's cool to be a scammer so boasts that he is one even if he's never tried to.
    In this case I think it's more likely the second and him thinking the video might get him some cheap views on his youtube channel or something. I can't see him uploading that video for any other reason. I'm not saying he didn't do it, just that there's got to be a good reason for him uploading that video.
  6. Bodrex

Bodrex New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62708191
    maybe steam update that