1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198073687627 - (Stringy6675-Alone / [Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Absorb, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Absorb

Absorb New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19265600
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198073687627 (Stringy6675-Alone)

Victim profile: 76561197998796929

What happened? Description:
    I offered him a 7 Days to Die 2-Pack Steam Gift in order to unpack it (keep a copy for himself) and return the other copy back to me. His copy would cost only 5 TF2 Keys. I agreed to trust him and trade with him after checking his profile, he also insisted on checking his profile rep and good standing.

I went ahead and traded him 7 Days to Die 2-Pack for 5 TF2 Keys. All went smooth until he opened the 2-Pack and kept a copy for himself then he traded me back but he said he could not trade the other copy because it was Untradable for 30 days. I asked him to send me another 5 keys and he could keep the second copy and trade it later even for more but he declined and said he will trade it back after 30 days. I told him i can't wait that long and asked him to send it as gift by e-mail then. From that moment he kept on not answering back, i was kind enough all the way around and kept on explaining to him how to send it as gift by e-mail.

I know this was my fault for trusting him but this user clearly deserves to be flagged as scammer because i do not want other people to fell victims like i did.

I have attached screenshots of the chat and trade histroy proof.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots Attached.​

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello!!!
    Thank you for your report! An SR admin will review yours in a while!
  3. Stringy6675-Alone

Stringy6675-Alone Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56710949
    i have already explained to him that i will return the gift after the 30 day period is finished i have bought games this way and unpacked them before hence how i got my +rep on my profile this all came strange to me as normally it does not make me wait a 30 day period before it's trade-able but as this was the case i shall have to wait its only about 20 days now i do not see why he is so impatient
  4. Stringy6675-Alone

Stringy6675-Alone Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56710949
    just bumping so you can see what i have put
  5. Absorb

Absorb New User

Steam:
    Look you do not understand that i never agreed (see chat proof) on waiting 30 days for it to become tradable and i gave you 2 choices: Send me 5 more keys and the copy is yours OR send it to me as Gift by e-mail, you can do that by clicking on the Game in your inventory and selecting "Send as Gift" where you have to enter the e-mail address i will provide to you.

I contacted you multiple times about this and asked you to send it as Gift but i never recieved any response back from you on steam. In fact the last time you replied is shown on the chat screens i posted above, you did not even care to solve this fast and easy by ourselves. Check your chat logs and screenshots above, did you see how many times i asked you to reply before i report you for scamming? Did you ever answer me back? NO! Your communication with me stopped by the time i asked you to send my copy as Gift by e-mail.

Yesterday i sent you the link to this report and asked you AGAIN to send my copy back as gift so that i could cancel the report but you ignored me AGAIN. Instead you chose to come and reply here saying you will send it after 30 days. Well guess what, you have something that belongs to me and you don't get to choose what happens with it, understood?

While i am writing this you have not even bothered to chat with me on steam and resolve it the way i want, which is even easier.
  6. Absorb

Absorb New User

Steam:
    Actually, you don't even have to send it by e-mail, choose the second option to send it directly through steam to me once you click "Send Gift".
  7. Absorb

Absorb New User

Steam:
    Hello,

I would like to report that he has never responded back to me on steam, he has already removed me from his friends list and after checking his trades here in tf2outpost i found the following trade: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/18341708

This is a clear proof that he sold my copy, especially when he asks for bids of 5 keys and up in the description of his trade which was what i asked him if he wanted to keep the copy for himself but he declined. Also please note my copy is NO longer in his inventory (here is the original screenshot showing my copy in his inventory marked as "Not Tradable": http://i.imgur.com/XUEGnzy.png).

SteamRep admins could you please proceed with the scam report?
  8. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:31047928
    Steam:
    You have three days to trade him the extra copies.
  9. Absorb

Absorb New User

Steam:
    He has already blocked and removed me from his friends list.

I requested him as a friend again today and i keep getting "Error adding friend" message which is when someone has blocked you.

Screenshot proof is attached.

Attached Files:

10. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Tagged.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**