1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198051887274 Bobslobtheblob (SR & SOP Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Bobslobtheblob, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobslobtheblob

Bobslobtheblob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45810773
    | steamname: Bobslobtheblob
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:45810773
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198051887274
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobslobtheblob
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198051887274

Hi, Admins of Steamrep (and random creeps looking at this thread)
    Before we begin I'd like to first thank you for your service. You've saved me from several scams over the past year. This isn't meant to affect my appeal, I actually want to show my gratitude.

On Wednesday, the 12th of February, this account was marked on steamrep. http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198102303484. As a result, my account was also marked as an alt. http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198051887274

The originally banned account is the account of my brother, who isn't as experienced with trading and tf2 in general as I am.
    While I'm sure this is a common excuse you get, and there isn't much I could do to prove that it is my brother, I'll try my best. I have almost 2,500 hours in TF2, 3 Competitive Medals (1, 2 & 3), over a year of history on outpost, a sulphorous Brotherhood of Arms, Phosphorous Tyrant's Helm, and a TF Logo Veil (currently in a friend's possession). I have no reason to scam, nor do I wish to destroy my reputation just to get 20 dollars worth of items.

I've asked my brother to make his profile and backpack public for the time being.

I realize this doesn't sound like a particularly strong statement, but it's the best I could do. I'd be more than happy to discuss in more detail with an admin.

Thank you very much for your time

Bobslobtheblob

PS - I was trying to cash out anyway, and this tag is going to make that a lot harder :c
    PPS - The tag means I can't play on lethalzone servers either D:
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    please disclose any/all alternate steam accounts you have or any that can be linked to you (even if not yours)
  3. Bobslobtheblob

Bobslobtheblob New User

Steam:
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    If your brother does not know much about TF2 trading, what made him think to impersonate a reputable user and attempt to scam items in that manor, an inexperienced user/scammer would not know to do that.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    I would also like to remind you that lying in an appeal will result in an auto deny w/o the possibility of a new appeal. I would think really hard about that if I were you before continuing your story.
  5. Bobslobtheblob

Bobslobtheblob New User

Steam:
    No doubt you can probably find out the most common scams by simply googling it, and attempt to replicate it yourself.

Only an inexperienced trader would attempt to impersonate an admin, one of the most common and easiest to avoid scams, especially one who has listed on his profile to check for impersonators.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Are you speculating or did you ask your "bro", if you are just speculating, ask him instead.
  7. Bobslobtheblob

Bobslobtheblob New User

Steam:
    I was simply speculating, but apparently he learned a bit from a friend of his, and a bit from reading guides on how to avoid scams.
  8. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Note
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. Bobslobtheblob

Bobslobtheblob New User

Steam:
    Anything else I can do, or is it just a waiting game now?
  10. Bobslobtheblob

Bobslobtheblob New User

Steam:
    Since it's been a while, I thought I'd bump the thread to get an update.
    I highly doubt anyone has even thought about this since the last post, but I thought I might as well try.

If an admin wants to add me and discuss this in person, I'd be happy to.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    Appeal is being denied, based on evidence we have, I cannot accept a "bro" excuse.
    Hidden Content:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.