1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I'd guess the non-D2T MM's do TF2 items.
  3. [G²] Scatman

[G²] Scatman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45015208
    as far as I'm concered, middlemen with D2T only do Dota 2 Items, while the rest will most likely do TF2/CS:GO
  4. 007

007 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8498840
  5. BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32720787
  6. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    We rather have a report, for then we have all the relevant information available in the correct format etc, and are the screenshots also uploaded to SR's forum. (most sites have a limited availability of files, and often when appeals occur are those pictures gone)

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. BIGHEAD

BIGHEAD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32720787
    Wondering if I could get this report another look. http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...7-drflopster-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.54354/
    Provided new evidence of his admission to running and he has yet to do anything to rectify the problem.
    If ya'll could, I don't know, give him a time limit for him to pay up before ya'll mark him as a scammer or anything to help, that would be great.
    (it's been >3 months since the incident occured/the report was written...)
    Thanks
  9. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198071542855.36569/

This report has been made almost a year ago. To make it really easy on the admins, we(the reporter & I), got lots of evidence.
    We even got Valve to mark him as a scammer.
    I figured some reports would be harder to determine if they're guilty or not, so I did everything I could to lighten the load.

The common answer is to just wait, but, I'm getting the feeling that steamrep can not mark this guy for some unknown reason, and just leave it at the back of the pile.
    Maybe it's not true, but that's how I feel.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Reports are mostly done newest first, to keep the active ones at bay till we figured a way to get our backlog done.
    I've done the report.
  11. ArchimedesOU812

ArchimedesOU812 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10877409
    What is the position on alt account if the account show no attempts or action of scamming and if the main account only had 1 infraction?
  12. Cedar

Cedar New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30888088
    I may not be a moderator, but afaik the alt will be marked if it is an alt of any account with a tag.
  13. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Infraction being you scammed? All of your alts will be banned from now on.
  14. Melphin

Melphin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61237992
    any help for being banned from steam support without any evifdence? even i sent a few tickets and the answer :

1.Reply
    Message by Support Tech Dom on Thu, 24th Apr 2014 1:18 pm
    Hello Melphini,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

We have found activity in this Steam account that directly violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement.

Per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, we have locked the account. The account will not be unlocked.

The Steam Subscriber Agreement can be found at:
    http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

In addition to violation of contract, activities on the account may violate federal law and state law. If such activities persist, Valve reserves the right to refer the matter to authorities.

2.Reply

Message by Support Tech Dom on Mon, 28th Apr 2014 1:08 pm
    Hello Melphini,

Unfortunately, we will be unable to assist you further with this issue.

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.
  15. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    SteamRep is not affiliated with Valve in any way. The issue is between you and Steam Support.

We are not able to help you.
  16. Hi, SteamRep mods; SR newbie here. Got a question I'd like to ask.

I realize this is quite a massive stretch so I won't be surprised if the answer is a negative, but here goes anyway.

I found a couple of users who are very clearly using pirated copies of Resident Evil 6, using cracked binaries that somehow bypass VAC. (As a side note, I also found a Steam group that blatantly parades using a pirated copy of the game as well as ways to circumvent VAC and legitimacy checks, but that's beside the point. I've already reported it.)

Can these two users, on the grounds of evading VAC, be charged here in SR with ANYTHING at all, or am I limited to strictly reporting them via Steam Support? (Because the Report option on user pages doesn't even have the option to report for factually provable piracy.)

Just curious. Thanks in advance!
  17. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
  18. Alright, I figured that'd be the answer.

Thanks for taking the time to reply anyway. Cheers!
  19. Who's Your Daddy?

Who's Your Daddy? New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23200337
  20. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413