1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197985785608 - (Noobinator / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by CoooookiE, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoooookiE

CoooookiE New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37781085
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197985785608 (Noobinator)

Victim profile: 76561198035827899

What happened? Description:
    He added me for 7 buds. He looked pretty trust worthy to me. I was still cautious, and only did the trade because he had a community item. I went first, and he didn't send funds.

I don't expect my items I don't expect steam to do anything, and I don't expect anyone to give a s✿✿✿. At least I can be happy knowing that there's a special place in hell for people like this.

Theres already someone else with a thing up of this person, so I can't be f✿✿✿ed to give more "evidence"​

Provide Evidence:
    Here be some screenshots that show something​

Attached Files:

2. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148
    This is indeed the REAL Noobinator.

I have confirmation that his account is locked by VALVE and he is currently in the process to get access back to it.

The person who hijacked him sent me a dropbox file, i never opened it.

NEVER TRUST ANYONE, EVEN THOSE WHO ARE UNDER STEAMREP, AS YOU SEE THEY CAN STILL BE HIJACKED.
  3. CoooookiE

CoooookiE New User

Steam:
    Yeah It just makes me wonder how dumb someone must be to actually get hijacked, he was a SR Admin or something, and still fell for it.
  4. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148

Well, he take screenshots for appeals and reports.
    He forgot for a sec that a zip file could contain infected stuff and not simply a bunch of screenshot for report or appeal.

It's not because he's a SR admin mean he can't be hijacked.
  5. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    Yes, I was hijacked and was sent the link from a trusted HL leader friend I know from competitive play. It didnt fit the typical phisher profile and I guess that was why I bit on it. Sorry to anyone that lost something, but Valve should replenish it like my 8 unusuals that were initially stolen.
  6. CoooookiE

CoooookiE New User

Steam:
    I won't get anything back, he offered me a trade for Paypal, I've lost everything. They don't return items for out of steam trading.
  7. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    No, please file a Steam Support ticket and reference this thread if you need. It's worth a try because this is not the normal "scam" situation and the hijack was caught fairly quickly. If they refuse the request, please let us know, there may be more we can do to help in recovery in this extremely rare situation. But please reach out to Steam Support first and see what you can recover.
  8. CoooookiE

CoooookiE New User

Steam:
    Filled a report out 2 hours after it happened. Though last time I got scammed, it took them 5 days to reply and even then they didn't read what I wrote. But it doesn't matter, because steam will see it that I'm in the wrong for attempting an out of steam trade. It doesn't matter who I was doing it with its still something they won't do anything about. I'l let you know if anything happens though.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hi there,

We were quite fast in marking and warning Valve about Noobinator's hijacked account, and the account was locked down soon after.

Noobinator was hijacked in this timeframe:
    April 18th, ~ 3:30pm PST = UTC -8 = 11:30pm UTC / 3:30pm PST​

Account was locked (can talk but not trade):
    April 19th, ~2:00am CET = UTC +1 & +1 DST= April 19th, ~0:00am UTC / April 18th, 4:00pm PST​

The account was marked on SteamRep as Banned:
    April 19th, 0:03am UTC = April 18th, 4:03pm PST​

The account was made inaccessible somewhere between the lock and (no exact record for this available):
    April 19th, 3:50pm PST = UTC -8 = 11:50pm UTC / 3:50pm PST​

He then regained account fully around (unlocked):
    April 20th, 11:06am PST = UTC -8 = 7:06pm UTC / 11:06am PST​

I've worked with Noobinator to ensure checks on his account access, so the hijacker will not be able to get access to the account again from this occurrence.

Mule account:
    As we where quite fast, the hijacker had not moved the scammed items from the mule account yet:

All scammed items where moved to this MULE account:
    | steamname: traderis
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:67124131
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198094513991
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198094513991

See also: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198094513991-mr-jokny.33788/

More information on the mule account:
    Banned on TF2 Outpost for spamming phishing links back in June 15th, 2013, IP's show Germany (Proxy) and New York (also Proxy) so those are useless. We have on good account that the phisher is probably from Lithuania (cannot elaborate on that, sorry).

The actual victims were:

Loss of 13 Buds:

Loss of 7 Buds:

Loss of 8 buds:
    | steamname: Leves TF2-T [A]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:23350111
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006965950
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bableves
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198006965950

Loss of 5 buds:

For these victims, please contact Steam Support telling them:
    You have been scammed by a hijacker on Noobinator's account which was marked as a trusted SteamRep Admin at the time (please state it like that). All above trades mentioned have been in that time-span of ~30 minutes before any action could have been done.

As the mule account was caught and LOCKED before moving items further, you should stand a fair chance to get your item trade reversed because they were never moved on. We would like the victims to report back to their reports here if / when items are being granted back. Till that point, the reports will be kept open.

We're very sorry for the discomfort this may have caused. We are considering actions to improve things as we go, and this situation (re-)started a discussion on improvements in admins section for this. The results may be reflected at a later date-- both in public policies and in our own internal procedures with admins.

Greetz,

SilentReaper(SR)
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  10. ☠Noobιηator☠

☠Noobιηator☠ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    Per standard SteamRep protocol, below is proof of my hijacking, to prove I was not the thief and that I had indeed been hijacked, losing control of my acct. This should also suffice in clearing me from this report and proving I was not the scammer. That being said, I am indeed very sorry for your loss and this mess, and hope steam is able to recover and replace your items. As Silent Reaper suggested, please be sure to report this in detail to Steam via a Steam ticket. Very best of luck to you.

Attached Files:

11. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Seems I forgot something.

Would the victims please supply their Steam Ticket number for this case.
  12. CoooookiE

CoooookiE New User

Steam:
    I'd just like to say thank you for investigating this matter so urgently, and helping to get my items back, I greatly appreciate it. I'm still waiting on a reply for my steam ticket.

My ticket number is 9509-TSFN-6647
  13. CoooookiE

CoooookiE New User

Steam:
    Just got this reply back from steam. Along with what I wrote.

Attached Files:

14. CoooookiE

CoooookiE New User

Steam:
    Ok I just got another reply of steam. I'd just like to say: Thank you so much members and admins of sourcerep for helping me with this situation, and I'm sorry for coming across as a passive agressive dickbag in nearly all of my posts. But STEAM JUST RETURNED MY ITEMS. And I don't think I could have done it without the investigative work of SilentKiller and all you other admins. Thanks so much.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.