1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Wanna get a scammer banned but no mod checks my thread

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by FragXL | GalaxyyGelatina, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FragXL | GalaxyyGelatina

FragXL | GalaxyyGelatina Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53099060
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You don't need to make a thread here to get attention to the report - it will get looked at in time.
  3. RazielClaw

RazielClaw New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:77796939
    I'm curious. How much time does it usually take for admins to take a look and investigate a report? Because all i see is a bunch of pending reports. I get that they are volunteers and have their own lives, but shouldn't this site in that case have more respectable and honest admins to make it grow and be more efficient?
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Hard to say, depends on the evidence provided and who is online to look at the reports.

I will tell you this - you don't have to make reports just here. You can report thru any of the Partner Communities such as my own (WickedAfterlife). The scam or attempt or whatever doesn't have to happen on my servers for me to address it but unless its reported thru the way I have setup I won't touch it cause I'm not an SR Admin. I will however post responses to some reports as I did with this one. This question you asked has been asked many many times here and the answers are still the same.
  5. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    With the last bit, they cant just have anyone as an admin. They want them to be respectable etc. but they have to be extremely trusted which means the admin team would have to grow slowly to keep up standards. Also with the report that all depends on how many older reports there are.
  6. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    So if steamrep lost like 2 more admins, would they even be able to run this site anymore?
  7. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    If they lost too many admins I'd assume that they'd have to start hiring admins from partner communities who would be willing to help.
  8. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    every second an admin spends dealing with a thread like this is a second an admin is not spending on important things like reports and appeals.
    Clive likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.