1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198012649531 Hahahahahah ( SOP SCAMMER )

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Hahahahahah, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hahahahahah

Hahahahahah Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26191901
    76561198012649531 Hahahahahah ( SOP SCAMMER )
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:26191901
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012649531
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hahehahehah
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198012649531

Hello, I'm here to appeal to remove my tag.

Back on 02-27-2011, I scammed a man for all of his hats/weapons/etc, in return saying I would give him Portal 2.
    ( This was way before steam had safer trading )
    He posted this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1773758.html
    and he posted a steam support ticket, steam banned my account, and deleted all my items, even the limited edition things that I couldn't have traded for at the time. I was 14 at the time, not even in highschool, I appealed to steam and they realized I understood I knew what I did was wrong, and they felt I was honest enough to unbanned/unsuspended my account, I was tagged as a red name on the steam forums for awhile and then they removed that as well. I quit TF2 for a long time, returning recently in December known as 'LurkinFishie', trading all the way up to unusuals. I got tired of the game and sold the unusuals for earbuds, and earbuds for cash. I used Suttles as a middleman and we became friends, but he didn't want a scammer on his friends list so we parted ways. I've had a clean record ever since I've returned in December, and I've just returned recently within the last week and I would appreciate to have my scammer tag removed, I understand what I did was really wrong, the rush of being able to say 'Yes, I can give you portal 2' and get all these hats and vintages enthralled me at the time, I was 'noobier' back then, and I honestly would never scam again, I felt horrible and guilty.

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this,​
    Hahahahahah​
    PS: All this took place on the steam forums at the time, unsure of why it's an SOP scammer tag.
    (Let me know if you need any additional information, or anything else.)
  2. Hahahahahah

Steam:
  3. TyrionEG

TyrionEG New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27387255
    Well you admitted you scammed. Age i guess could matter but what if you scam someone else? Maybe you haven't scammed now is because you are labeled as a scammer and others see that? I have no say in this but i would feel bad if i took off your scammer tag and then someone else got scammed. Good on you for coming back and not scamming people though. I hope you do get your tag removed but continue to do good. I am labeled as a scammer although i did not scam i even have good rep on my profile :(. Cheers dude! GL.
  4. Hahahahahah

Steam:
    I've already quit TF2 and sold all my things again, they respond at an atrocious rate, but thanks.
    I actually havn't been contacted and it's said under investigation for a while now, I don't really know what they're taking so long to investigate, but I find TF2 boring now and don't even play so I can't really scam anybody anymore~ and rep on your profile doesn't matter, but good luck to you as well.
    Oh and they don't like when non-mods and admins post in appeal threads, so I advise you not to do that.
  5. Hahahahahah

Steam:
    Hahahaha it's been nearly a year now, check back every few months to see nothing still.
    Awesome job guys, keep it up.
    "Under investigation" for probably around 6 months or so now.
    Haven't played the game in ages, but it's still fun to check up on the thread and see nothing.
  6. Hahahahahah

Steam:
    Damn it's been like over a year now that it's been under investigation, haven't played TF2 but to give some items away in probably about half a year or maybe a whole year.

Fun to check up on this when I remember it though.
    A++ service.
  7. Hahahahahah

Steam:
    Can't wait for the 2 year under investigation anniversary.
  8. Hahahahahah

Steam:
    PS: If you do ever decide to take notice of this, admins. I very very rarely ever check this ( I believe that's reasonable after waiting nearly 2 years? ) so adding me directly on steam would be preferred.
  9. Hahahahahah

Steam:
    I've set it up to email me when a reply is on this thread now as well.
    Also sorry for the about 9 extra posts, and the laughing at response time, I just find it funny it takes some people 1 week for a response and me 2 years for a appeal that's mostly a judgement call.
    I'm 18 now and have gone through a lot since the time I scammed, Not even in school anymore, haven't traded a tf2 item in probably a year, I live life to be happy and positive and scamming is anything but, although I do admit to committing this scam 2 or 3 years ago, there's not much I can say now of course, it's been such a long time.

For some reason the tag has been bothering my mind lately and I have all the free time in the world so that's what's with the recent posting activity.
    I need resolve I guess...Thank you to any admin who does eventually decide to talk with me and decline or accept the appeal.
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    It takes that long because you did indeed scam, tags that could be false I do try to address more promptly. Not only is it low priority, but the outcome is most likely to be denied anyhow. I have looked into this with you a few times, I do think you are sorry but you did what you did, Its very hard for me to make an exception when I generally never give exceptions so I let this appeal "sit" while I think it over and see if my opinion will change between every time I run into it, balancing out the cost between giving you a second chance and leaving you marked for what you did.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  11. Hahahahahah

Steam:
    Alright, I just wanted at least one reply to know what was going on, thank you for at least providing that, I understand completely your side now, I just wanted some sort of response, I wasn't even sure if it was ever really being looked at. Glad to know it is. Take as long as you need to think it over now, I just wanted some form of knowing what was going on. Thank you.
  12. Hahahahahah

Steam:
    Just a heads up that I have returned to TF2.
    Figured I should tell you.
  13. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    note
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  14. Hahahahahah

Steam:
    1, 2, and 3 in order.
    Hidden Content:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
  15. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Under investigation.

Hidden Content:
  16. Hahahahahah

Steam:
    Shameful screenshot from years ago you asked for.
    Hidden Content:
  17. Hahahahahah

Steam:
    More info.
    Hidden Content:
  18. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Update
    Hidden Content:
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  19. Thomas Matthias

Steam:
    Your ban was downgraded to a permanent caution. If you scam or do anything fraudulent in the future, the ban will be reapplied.

Appeal granted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.